Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Introducing....Miss Ruthie!

Monday morning Rob and I woke up bright and early and headed up to Baptist for the big arrival. One last belly shot for the books.
I was scheduled to go in at 9:30 but it got pushed a little do to some surprise deliveries. Which meant me and this handsome guy got to spend some time just the two of us before the chaos of 3 kids.
All hooked up and ready.
 Ready to get wheeled in.
Can't feel by lower half at this point.
 Rob took a video of the surgery but I will spare you all the fun of that. Honestly I was very nervous this time around. I just wanted her to be healthy and I had this sneaking suspicion she might come out a boy. I usually am not very emotional but this time I cried when I heard her cry out.
She is just as beautiful as her brother and sister.
Our first picture with our little girl.  
 She weighed 8lbs 11oz and is 21" long.....my smallest baby.
First meal!
 A little skin on skin
Time to introduce her to the Grandparents (who patiently waited in the waiting room)
 This pretty lady has 4 Grandsons & 2 Grandaughters now!
I bet this baby girl has Cappy wrapped around her little finger soon!
 This was the 1st time Pops was here for the actual delivery. It really made it extra special because he was here.
 Maybe she will get his BLUE eyes! 
 Gran & Pops haven't stopped grinning.
 
The on call pediatrician came in for her check up.
 and she passed!
 So now we could officially start the debate....who does she look like.?
 I could just snuggle her all day.
 We sent the kids to school as usual and patiently waited for their arrival. Ruthie had treats waiting for them.
 And cookies for all visitors.
AJ had the big job of picking up these two monsters and bringing them up to meet their new baby sister. They got to pick up some surprises for everyone on their way.
 I was so glad to see them...it felt like the world was complete when all three kids were in the same room.
 I was VERY nervous about Georgia's reaction. But she was so enthralled by "how cute" Ruthie was.
 This took my breath away.
 He has come a long way from that afternoon at Braums when I told him he was going to have another little sister.
 
 Gabby wanted her own little snuggle with Dixie Ruth.
 This Aunt deserves an award for patiently waiting for her chance with her.....
doesn't she look like a pro?
 Uncle J looks like he might be a little smitten too.
 
Rob's cousin Kendra has to have emergency gallbladder surgery yesterday and conveniently is just a couple of floors above us. So Shannon and Sophie got to stop in to see us too.
 
 
Seeing everyone else hold her made Gabby a little braver and she had to get her hands on her again.
 
 "Oh Gran she is so cute"
 
 Cuddle time with my first...
 Pops must have been pooped...he kept dozing off.
 After a couple of hours we sent Gran and Pops home with the kids to get them fed and ready for school the next day. But not before I was able to cuddle all 3 of them. I must be the luckiest mom ever.
Gigi and Cappy headed out soon after and we had a little quiet time. And then this sweet family stopped by for a quick visit.
 
They have changed a few things since Gabby was born and now they wait until they are 8 hours old to bathe them. So once everyone had left they came in for her first bath.
  
 And then we called it a night....
Well at least an hour and then she decided it was time to take 30 minute naps.
Bless his heart Rob was up all night changing diapers every 30 minutes and keeping her fed. I felt so helpless but I still couldn't get out of bed. He won husband of the year.
 
It truly was such an amazing day.
 
We love you
Dixie Ruth Cunningham
 
Ruth 1:16 "Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay."

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS