We stayed in the hospital for a total of 3 nights. Ruthie was Miss Popular...the nurses and techs loved her and she had a constant stream of visitors.
Her first visitor on her first morning was Matt Pollock...he was Gabby's first morning visitor too!
Gigi brought breakfast and caffeine. I just love these 3!
Even Bryson made a second appearance to check in on her.
Gran and Pops brought Big Sister and Big Brother up after school. They needed to love on Baby Ruthie a little more.
She is smitten and I couldn't be happier at how in awe she is of the baby.
Helping me with the blog at the hospital
Pops had to take another nap. I guess the kiddos wore hi out the night before.
Joe and Katie stopped by after their OB appointment. They are just a couple of weeks behind us.
Gigi & Gran did their grandmother duties and gave this sweet thing her bath.
and combed her hair.
My mom stayed the night with me the second night. We watched a lot of Law & Order and got lots of snuggles.
AJ joined us for a while so we just had a little girl time.
The next morning was quiet and I enjoyed some time with Ruthie by myself.
Rob arrived after taking the kids in to school and got to love on her a little too
Uncle Paul came to meet his great niece.
The post surgery fatigue and pain really set in on this day and I was feeling every bit of a lazy slob. But I had no problem laying in the bed and relaxing. Gabby felt the need to join me.
That evening The Carams came for a visit so Ellery could meet her new friend.
My mom stayed with me again the last night and it was fun to get two night of true one on one time with her. I am so lucky to have her as my mom and my children's Gran.
We woke up bright and early ready to get discharged and head home. Gigi got Ruthie all dressed and ready to go.
We are so blessed already by this sweet girl. We couldn't wait to get home with her.
We decided instead of going straight home we would go ahead and pick up the kids at school. they were so excited that Ruthie was in the car.
We spent a quiet afternoon and evening at home getting settled in. Coop decided to jump right in and feed Ruthie dinner before he hit the hay.
Its already an adventure with 3 and we can't wait to see what the future holds for the Cunningham Family and how Little Miss Popular is going change.

No comments:
Post a Comment