Christmas came so quickly this year. But it didn't make it any less special. We took it easy the rest of Christmas Eve and then headed over to church for the family Christmas Eve service. We had quite the crowd. All 4 of us (plus my huge belly), Gran, Pops, Gigi, Cappy & Aunta Blenda. After the beautiful service we headed over to Cheddar's for dinner where AJ joined in on the fun after work.
Jeremiah met us at the house after dinner and we let the kids open their annual Christmas Eve gift.
Matching Christmas PJ's are a huge tradition in my family and I am adamant we keep it going.
We had tried to go see the famous Downs Family Christmas lights but because of the ice storm they had to close it for a couple of nights. They reopened just in time for Christmas Eve. So Uncle J and AJ took the kids, Aunta Blenda, Gran & Gigi to see the awesome show. They all loved it. It really is a can't miss this time of year. Look at that smile
There was no arguing from the kids when we said it was time to go to bed. So we read the story of Christmas or more like listened to Papa Jerry read it to us and they went right to sleep.
Wee first someone needed to use the potty.
Then it was time to get to work. I am VERY embarrassed to say this is what our tree looked like BEFORE Santa came. And the kids didn't get anything but PJ and a book from us.
Then Santa arrived....
I love out tree. We can't have a very big one since our ceiling are low but I still love it when it is up. I think it makes the house feel so magical.
The pups kept guard of the gift.
Miss Gabby girls bike was a true labor of love. It was originally Cooper's orange bike but Uncle J took on the task of painting it pink and turning it into a little girls bike. And we think it came out pretty awesome.
The next morning surprisingly we had to go get the kids up. I was stationed downstairs to get pictures but AJ said Cooper could hardly stand waiting while Georgia's diaper got changed. He told her "AJ you have no idea" when she asked him if he was excited.
My very own pink bike!
We spent over two hours unwrapping gifts. (We go one at a time). There were some huge surprises. Turns out those HUGE boxes were for me....my hubby totally spoiled me with an embroidery machine and a beautiful citrine ring...poor guy only got a cooler from me.
Jeremiah got his wish granted with the new XBox
Gabby and Cooper wanted to watch movies in their new sleeping bags from Uncle Bradley.
Georgia got Cooper these remote control rock 'em sock 'em robots and all the guys played them for hours. It got to where Cooper wouldn't play Cappy because he couldn't beat him.
Rob worked Christmas Eve night so we waited to have our Christmas dinner until 5. But we had BIG plans, steaks, crab legs, blue cheese potatoes, all kinds of yumminess. We all got cleaned up and ate our little hearts out.
Our babysitter Gabby joined in the craziness. Hopefully we didn't scare her off from wanting to come back.
It was delicious. After dinner we got the kids settled in to bed and had a White Elephant gift exchange. It turned out to be pretty funny. Belinda won the prize for funniest gift (a Hello Kitty Toaster). Rock ended up with a pocket hose and I found it hidden in our bar a couple of days later. I guess he didn't want it....oh well I have been wanting to try it out.
I can't imagine a more perfect Christmas with my kiddos. I hope you all had a VERY Merry Christmas too!

.jpeg)




No comments:
Post a Comment