Ilena has been training for the Dallas Half Marathon for months and so when she asked me if I would be her "taxi cab" in Dallas the weekend of the run I happily agreed! We headed down Saturday afternoon and did a little shopping. Then we met some Norman friends that were also running at Campisi's so they could all "carb load". Ilena had booked us a room at the Hyatt Regency and it was so nice a peaceful to sleep all night long. She was up super early and out the door for the race. I woke up a little too late to watch the race start but I was able to meet Mark & Finley Callahan at mile 7 and mile 9. Jessica and her mom were also running so it was perfect that I got to see them too. Finley even let me hold onto her for a bit.
but then she wanted to join in the race with her dad!
I did get to cheer for Ilena as she passed me at mile 7.
and she was still all smiles at mile 9!
Jessica and her mom were right behind her and Finley joined in!
I had just enough time to grab a snack park the car and I caught her at mile 13! She was still smiling.
It was a mad house at the finish line and we were not able to meet up so we finally reconnected at the hotel. She took a quick rest and a long bath and then we had to head home....of course we did make a pit stop at Ikea.
She really did inspire me though and now I am training to run in the Oklahoma City Marathon Relay in April. It is only a little over 6 miles but it will be a challenge for me. I am so proud of her!!

No comments:
Post a Comment