Yes I typed Happy Anniverthday because December 18th marks Rob's Birthday and our Wedding Anniversary. Rob was scheduled to work at 11pm on the 17th so the kids and I surprised him with dinner and a cookies n cream ice cream cake before he left for work.
I think these two take after both of us and there love for ice cream!
For our anniversary Rob surprised me with a night to myself. I know it sounds crazy but I had been asking for a mini staycation all to myself. He had booked me a room at the Skirvin downtown and after lunch on the 18th I headed to "the City" for some shopping and relaxing. My room was dreamy.
I did cheat a little though and met the kids, Rob, Cappy, Gigi and Uncle Bradley at Iron Starr to celebrate Rob's birthday. I wouldn't miss that of course.
A little Bread Pudding for the birthday boy!
If you haven't ever tried Iron Starr I totally recommend it. It is one of our favorites.
Cooper was super excited to see Uncle Bradley!
I headed back to the hotel and slept and slept and slept. I slept in had a bath, walked around downtown, ate a nice quiet breakfast, caught up on some work and did a little more shopping.
The only downfall was I missed the kids Christmas Parties at school. Of course Ilena caught Coops on film for me.
Cooper was the 1st name that Santa called....
He was perfect of course (he always is around Santa these days :)
I loved this pic of Meg.
Around 3pm Rob came up and met me. He had planned a perfect date night for us! Meanwhile our kids were being well taken care of.
Cooper was with Gigi and Cappy at Sophie's 7th birthday Party.
Apparently Sophie's elf was found taking a marshmallow bath in the bathroom sink. Coop and Sophie spent most of the party trying to throw them into each others mouths
And they were given the huge task of being assigned one of the twins for a picture. I love Sophie's expression here.
They disappeared for a bit and found here. Sophie reading to Coop. How sweet is that.
Happiest of Birthday sweet Sophie! I hope all your wishes come true.
Gabby was in the good hands of AJ and Uncle Jeremiah. I should note that it was Pajama Day at her school and she wore these same PJ's for at least 24 hours.
AJ made sure she got a bath and new PJ's....she was quite comfortable in between the too of them.
Breakfast with Uncle J is one of her favorite things!
Back to the happy couple. We took it easy most of the afternoon and took our time getting ready for our dinner reservations at Flint at the Colcord. Dinner was delicious.
We had planned on spending some time walking around the Devon Tower admiring their Christmas lights but it was way to windy so instead we had a nice leisurely dinner and then Rob had another surprise. We headed over to Chesapeake Arena for the Cirque De Sole show. It was really awesome and a great date. We had a nice evening to ourselves and called it am early night. But not before we popped the cork on some champagne (courtesy of AJ) and toasted to seven incredible years.
The next morning I surprised Rob with breakfast at a place called Good Gravy...they have 47 different types of gravy. What more could a guy ask for for breakfast.
I love you more today than I ever have. Thank you for being such an incredible friend and husband.










No comments:
Post a Comment