We all woke up early on Christmas Eve morning and met the Varners at Jimmy's Egg for a Christmas celebration. We let the kids exchange gifts before we got our food.
I found Meg these butterfly wings, almost like her own cape. I hope she loves them.
Cooper wanted some pancakes with his pancakes.
I just love that these 4 love eachother so much.
Cooper spent most of the day playing with his Polar Express. Papa Jerry and Nana hit the nail on the head when they got him this a couple of year ago. He lays like this and watches it go around and around for hours.
Cappy and Gigi came down later in the afternoon and we headed to the family Christmas Eve service after a few attempts at a family picture in front of the tree.
The kids were more cooperative than the pups.
We got to church a little early to secure seats. Gabby insisted on sitting next to her dad.
The Dixons arrived a little after us.
And Cooper was super excited his best buddy Dutch was up in the balcony with us.
Listening to the choir
getting sleepy
Oh I am awake now...there are lights here that I can play with.
What are you looking at...I am not up to ANYTHING
After church Uncle Bradley and the Allenby's came over and we had a delicious steak dinner. The kids enjoyed getting to sit at the adult table.
Then it was present time. How cute are these three.
We were so glad they could all join us for Christmas Eve.
We got them headed home (they were supposed to leave bright and early the next morning for Santa Fe and bad weather was headed in so we didn't want them to be too tired) and then it was time for baths and Christmas PJs.
Santa was working on only a couple of hours of sleep so once he came he was out....literally
as were these two.
Cappy, Gigi & Uncle Bradley all stayed the night and were all here to witness the discovery the next morning that Santa had indeed come to Smoking Oak.
We knew Cooper is the perfect age for all the Christmas Magic but I never could have imagined a more perfect day.
Gabby liked her buggy but I think she loved Coopers racetrack more.
It was so fun to see them tear through their stockings.
We made some cinnamon rolls and enjoyed some breakfast while we watched the snow start falling.
Gigi brought this fun headband and both kids loved wearing it.
AJ thinks this is her favorite picture of Coop and thinks he looks like Elf in this. I sort of agree.
After everyone had full tummies it was time to rip into the gifts under the tree.
Gabby hit the baby doll jackpot.
and Cooper could not believe how big this truck from Uncle Bradley is.
Cooper played Santa clause and patiently delivered everyone their gifts.
His very own "Ipad" from Papa Jerry and Nana
Gabby kept trying to get into the car from Uncle Bradley.
After an early Christmas lunch of ham and sweet potato casserole everyone was anxious to get on the road home. By then the snow had really started to come down. Cooper was happy to help Uncle Bradley get loaded up.
Cute boys!
We spent the rest of the day inside in our PJ's. We played
and napped, snacked, watched movies, and just spent time together.
AJ and Uncle J came over when they got home from Texas and helped us eat all the left overs. Cooper enjoyed icecream for dinner.
Gabby fed the dogs from the table
and snuggled AJ.
Then it was game time. Cooper received this Scooby Doo game and I am not kidding when I tell you he is very good at it.
Rob enjoyed watching Jeremiah get beat over and over. Cooper became quite the smack talker.
The kids crashed after AJ and Uncle J headed home. Rob did too. I stayed up and finished one last gift for a very special baby girl.
I hope your Christmas Day was as special as ours. Remember
"Love is what is in the room with you at Christmas when you stop opening presents and listen"







No comments:
Post a Comment