One of the most special women in my life turned 80 years old on December 26th.
My Grandmother- Georganna Hammett is the most generous and honest person I know. She truly is a blessing to everyone. She has touched so many peoples lives and her family wanted her to know how special she really is.
So welcome to Grandmother's 80th.
Jenny and I were in charge of invitations, cake and flowers. Jenny ordered cakes that went beautifully with the invitations.
I tried by best to get the flowers to match too. Because Grandmothers birthday falls on the 26th we really wanted to make the party feel as un-Christmassy as possible. I hope she felt that.
The party was "sort-of" a surprise. She found out we were planning it and tried to take over (it is Grandmother we are talking about :) )so we quickly stopped that silliness and promptly changed the plans. She had know idea where it was and who all was coming. The picture is dark but I still think you can see her radiant smile and surprise when she walked in the door.
We had about 60 people able to make it. All her immediate family (except my cousin Austin who is offshore working), her sister and her family, my granddad's niece, her brothers kids, many church friends and long time friends and neighbors.
Cooper had been talking about Grandmothers Birthday Party all week. He was giddy with excitement. I really think she is his favorite person.
Cooper loved all the toasts!
Cooper was so excited that our cousin Ian was there. They played so great together.
This was the "kid table"
Uncle Joe, Aunt Zen (grandmothers sister), the Birthday Girl, and Grandad
Melissa's boyfriend Tyler was able to come too. We love him...he is so easy going and patient. I guess you have to be to hang with Hammetts.
We had friends and family not at the party send cards and letters. My hope was that she would get 80 of them. I didn't get to count them but it looked close.
I was the proud mommy of the two great-grandkids!
Uncle Jeff had 4 beautiful pictures of Grandmother blown up to put on display. This one was my favorite.
Doug Park is one of my Mom & Dad oldest friends. They all met at Walnut Hill UMC while they were in middle school. He was able to provide the party with comic relief.
The newlyest weds!
Melissa put together a beautiful scrapbook with letters from all of her kids and grand kids. It is beautiful.
Another CHEERS!
Henry and Uncle Alex
Bonnie Vincent is Grandmothers dearest friends and I think they truly are peas in a pod.
Melissa, Zoe, Tyler, Aunt Nicky
Saturday the 29th was the actual 14th birthday of our youngest cousin Lilly. So of course we had to celebrate her too!
The Birthday Girl Lilly and Zoe
Cooper wanted to take control of the camera for a bit. Here is the one and only picture that came out. Not bad, eh?
Almost everyone stood up and toasted the guest of honor. And then it was time to cut the cake.
Happy Happy Birthday Grandmother! I hope you had as much fun at your party as we all did.
After the party the whole family headed over to Grandmother & Grandads for a quick Christmas.
My Aunt Nicky is from Aberdeen, Scotland= awesome gifts like this scarf.
I loved that I caught this hug between sisters.
Proud Grandad and the most patient of all the Hammetts. She totally goes with the flow.
We all love this lady so much!
It was the perfect night. Family is so important and I am so incredibly happy we got to spend this night all together. As Grandad always taught is...."Hammett's are the best"
































No comments:
Post a Comment