Thursday, June 18, 2015

Thanksgiving 2014

I am embarrassed at my lack of photography on thanksgiving. We spent Thanksgiving in Dallas with my Grandmother and Grandad. It was a nice change because my Aunt Karen hosted it in her new house!
Georgia was impressed with it!
 Aunt Lee was even able to come in from Minnesota.
 These two...always deep in conversation
 A few weeks into our diet and we are getting a little smaller.   
 We had breakfast and Grandmother and Grandads the next morning where I snapped this picture of the kids and their Aunt Lee, Aunt Nicky and Aunt Karen. They are pretty lucky kiddos with these three!
 Cooper loved loving on Melissa!
There is a lot I could say about the importance of this Thanksgiving to me. Grandads Alzeihmers is showing its nasty face more and more and each time I get to spend time with him a soak as much of him in as I can. I think this Thanksgiving I tried to do that a little more and soak in the kiddos with him. I hope he knows how much we love him and how much his great grandkids adore him.
 We headed home later that day. This might have been our last peaceful road trip with this one.
 Saturday morning we woke up bright and early to go down to Saturdays with Santa at the Devon Tower.
 We were one of the first in line to get our names in the queu to meet the Big guy. But they have plenty of things to keep you busy whil you wait for your number.
 
 Rob jumped in on all that stuff.
 Once it was out time we headed upstairs.
 Then we heard the poor people that had just got their numbers were going to have to wait 4 hours!
 Lucky for us we were net in line. And let me tell you this is the best Santa ever.
 
 
 How perfect is that!
 And it doesn't cost a dime! I love this city and companies like Devon who do things like this for the community.
My favorite thing is every year they have a "service" type station. Last year we packed care packages for troops and they mailed them. This year they had a build a bear type station were the kids got to build a bear and write a note to be given to another child.
 Across the street at the Myriad Gardens they had all kinds of other fun things like this merry go round.
 
 and this tall dude!
 and we even ran into a friend from church who snapped this wonderful family photo for us.
It was a great Thanksgiving Weekend and the perfect start to the Christmas season.

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS