Honestly I never really thought much of Mothers Day since becoming a mother myself, but that all changed this year. In the week leading up to it this year all that changed.
I got to go enjoying "Muffins with Mommy" with Miss Gabby.
And then the highlight of the week was the Annual Gingerbread Mothers Day Tea. Ilena has been talking about it all year but despite all of her talks I never really bought into it. Until it actually started. we were given invitations requesting us to arrive around 10:30 and wear our Sunday best.
We lined up outside and one by one each of our kids came and got us and took us to our seats.
Once we were all seated they went around the room and each of the kids introduced their moms. I was so proud of Cooper he spoke loud and clearly and actually said "Carolina" instead of his usual "Carakina".
After the introductions the kids lined up for their big performance. They sang several songs and it was so fun to watch. I felt like it was a movie.
Miss Meg was soo into it I almost couldn't keep my eyes off her.
I was so proud of him!
After the songs each of the kids went to get their moms food and brought them to the table.
and we all had our "tea" together.
I am so glad these to spent their first year of "school" together. I am afraid I will be lost without Miss Meg next year.
It was magical I was so touch and proud and beside myself. I was one proud Mommy!
Cooper of course had to show me how he can stand on the rope swing now! Growing too fast!
Rob left Friday morning for Seattle with his mom to visit Uncle Brad so it was the kids and I all weekend. I spent that Saturday in the yard with this sweet thing.
and got to spend the night next to these sweet cheeks
Sunday morning we went to church and Cooper spent the morning with his two buddies AJ & Forrest handing out flowers to all the moms. Wouldn't you love to be greeted by these 3 on Sunday morning?
After church we headed up to Edmond because our cousin Dixie and her fiancee Michael were at AJs. They came to town from Denver for a friends wedding and we got to spend the day with them.
We tried to impress them with brunch at Café 501 on Classen Curve. The hostess forgot about us and after waiting over an hour she finally got us a table. Luckily Michael is very patient with his Flower Girl & Ring Bearer
We get to go to Colorado Springs in July to see these two beautiful people get married.
We headed over to Shannon and Sophie's house, after seeing the future Mr. & Mrs. off to the airport, for a nice dinner on the patio.
Gabby especially enjoyed the fountain.
And Cooper enjoyed the trampoline
and getting to sit at his very own table with Sophie.
Rob got home late Sunday night and we got one last nice Mothers Day surprise with a visit from GRANDMOTHER! Grandad too, but it was Mothers Day weekend of course.
I think the kids were excited.
This Mothers Day made me realize how lucky I am to have such incredible mothers in my life that make being a mother even more incredible. So to all you out there, I LOVE YOU!


No comments:
Post a Comment