Saturday, June 8, 2013

Bodwells or BUST

A few weeks ago Amanda called to tell me her kids school was going to be closed for a few days at the end of April due to security reasons with the new George W Bush Library. She was thinking about coming up to Norman with the kids. Well considering I am not shy I suggested instead the kids and I come down stay in their new AWESOME home and do some touristy things in Dallas.
We got there Wednesday night just in time for dinner and movies. The kids were once again fast friends.
The little kids (Jack & Gabby) got a book read to them by Amanda.
Jack aka the "Red Fury" tried to make a quick move on my girl!
Amanda and I stayed up late visiting and just enjoying the wonderfulness of the new house. We woke up the next day and not very long after we were done with breakfast The Magers showed up!
Jill, Amanda and I were all college roommates and it had been way too long since the 3 of us got to spend time together. We really had the best times in college together.
We loaded up all 7 kids and 3 adults into 2 cars. Here is proof my Yukon will hold 5 car seats!
We had decided to try out the Dallas World Aquarium. It really is a spectacular place. And despite it being pretty busy with school field trip I think the kids really enjoyed it.
Maybe these three will be college buddies, too! Since their dads are NOT OU fans we will have to see which dad gives.
They especially like the aquariums like this one
The big shark tube was the biggest hit of all.
I think Gabby would have stayed in there all day. "Look a fishy".
We tried to attempt a group picture but we had to do it in two. Here are the Magers, Cunninghams & Luke Bodwell.
And the Bodwells!
Then we tried to get a kid picture in front of the Aquarium entrance and only Nolan and Addie would cooperate.
The weather was beautiful that day so we decided to pick up some Chick-fil-a and head to the park near their house. We had to basically tie these 3 down to eat before they were having crazy fun on the playground.
Full swing of precious girls.
FINALLY a group picture! I think the three of us make pretty cute kids.
After the park Jill and the kiddos had to head home so we said our goodbyes promised we would not let so much time pass between get togethers of the 3 of us.
We headed back to the house for some quiet time and tv time. There was a really cool feeling in the air knowing 7 living presidents were all hanging out just a few blocks away. We felt very close to all the action.
We took the kids to my favorite burger place Balls Hamburgers and then picked up Wendy's Frosties on our way home.
These two waited very patiently for theirs.
and before I new it the Red Fury was back
but I think Gabby likes it!
This was the quietest they were the whole trip.
W got the kids to bed without too much fun and Cooper and Luke even successfully slept in the same room. It was Coopers first official sleep over. We hit up Breadwinners at Northpark (a hidden gem on a Friday morning) and enjoyed breakfast outside. The kids had a great time playing with the huge connect four and jenga games
It took a lot of bribing to get these two back over to the table.
But us girls enjoyed getting to visit.
After breakfast we split back into two cars and headed over to Steph's house for a playdate with the Weibrings and Callahans. I never got a good group picture but we so enjoyed getting to see and visit with Finley Callahan, and Ben & Marlie Weibring. And Steph's sister Kristin even stopped by with her new baby Adele.
I think I have a little loner on my hands. She does what she wants not what everyone else is doing.
I sure love living in Norman but I miss all these girlfriends more than I ever imagined. Thank goodness for these quick but  much needed for my sanity visits. And a thousand thanks to Amanda for hosting us for two nights and letting us break in your guest room, Jill for driving down from Denton for the aquarium and Steph for opening up your house to the craziness of our playdate.
We headed over to Grandmother and Grandad who only live a block away from Steph to say hi and then headed home so we wouldn't miss Coops soccer game on Saturday and my Marathon Relay Sunday.


No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS