As many of you know Georgia Abigail is here. At 4:30AM, Thursday June 16th, Rob rushed home from a night shift to pick me up for our next adventure. Mom shot one last picture of us before we left.
After getting prepped for surgery and the wonderful spinal tap. We were ready to go at 8AM so they wheeled me into the OR and began working. After what seemed like forever my sweet baby girl arrived at 8:17am. She was a whooping 9lbs. 1oz and 21- 3/4" long and perfect. Both Rob and Dr. Hughes commented that she looked just like me. She has a full head of dark hair!!!!
Once they got me all closed up they took us back to our "delivery room" where we got to spend an hour or so just the 3 of us. Integris is in the process of remodeling Labor and Delivery and unfortunately we missed the new rooms by a week. The temporary rooms on the 5th floor were full so they let us stay in this huge room for several hours. Because of her weight they had to check her blood sugar before I could hold her but once it was determined she was a-ok I got to snuggle with her!!!
I fed her her 1st bottle and then it was bath time!!! Apparently she loved it because she was very calm the whole time.
Right in the middle of her bath Gran, Gigi and Big Brother Cooper showed up!
He waited patiently at the elevators (this is my favorite picture of the hospital stay)
Do you think they like her?
Cooper was pretty interested in her...at 1st.
And the G's couldn't keep their hands off her.
Grandmother and Grandad were not far behind. They couldn't miss the arrival of their first great-grandaughter.
Uncle Brad showed up on his lunch break.
And Cappy was very relieved not to have had to wait 32 hours for her to show up like he did Cooper.
She got checked out by the pediatrician
And then she was back in my arms!!!
One of the best parts of the day was getting to see Lauren. She drove all the way up to meet her. I am so lucky to have such a great friend. Hard to believe we met in 4th grade and now look at us....Lauren thank you so much you will never know how much it meant to have you here!
I sent Rob and Cooper home to sleep and spent some time with my Grandparents, Gran and Gigi. Around 4:30 we got moved up stairs to my post-partum room. Shannon and Sophie and Uncle Paul & Aunt Margaret were there!!! Sophie is so sweet (I think she is very excited to FINALLY have another girl in the family)
Of course Gigi stayed most of the day. I don't think I changed a diaper until we got home.
I am very thankful for Grandad was there to keep Cooper occupied once he a Rob came back rested.
It wasn't until they got back that I realized we never got a picture of the 4 of us.
Rob took everyone out to dinner and Gabby and I had some time just the two of us. AJ is in Tulsa working for the summer and so she raced to OKC to meet the Little Miss as soon as she got off. She is one VERY proud Aunt. So we got to hang out just the 3 of us.
Jenny snapped this picture and I couldn't resist posting it.
After dinner everyone swung back by to say goodnight. Cooper wanted a little time with his Mommy...so of course I agreed. I love this little guy.
Rob stayed with us at the hospital that night and we welcomed our first visitor Matt Pollock bright and early. Look what a natural he is.
After Matt left it was time for me to get out of bed for the first time and shower. It felt so good to change out of the robe. Around lunch time we had tons of visitors. Katie, Jaynie, Jack and Katie's mom all came over from Shawnee. Jaynie told me "I like your baby". It was so nice of them to come all the way over to OKC to meet her.
The Kovash's also came by. It was so fun to watch Sterling and Jaynie watch the baby. They are old enough to understand.
From the smiles on Wade and Whitney's faces I think they need a little girl to go with their two boys!
After lunch Gran brought Cooper back up and Grandmother and Grandad came up for one last peak at the baby. Cooper wanted Grandad to stay so he could count his fingers.
Gran and granddaughter
We found Thomas on the TV and Cooper made himself comfortable.
I had to bribe him with Thomas to get him this close to his sister. But I savored every minute of getting to snuggle with my two babies.
Look how comfy
Gabby had a few gifts for her big brother and he thanked her with a quick kiss on the head
Isn't she perfect.
Rob had to work Saturday so Gigi stayed up at the hospital with us. Georgia did very well and we were able to get some sleep. Rob came up before his shift started and snuggled with his baby girl
And when Cooper showed back up he also got to snuggle with him
Uncle Zach worked all night Friday and then drove up Saturday morning so he could meet his niece. He looks pretty smitten wouldn't you say?
Belinda also came up with Zach & Gran. By Saturday we were ready to go home (more like Rob was ready to not have to be at work 24 hours a day) So we all waited around for both Georgia and I to get discharged. The nursery brought a hand made hat to Gabby and they let Cooper give it to her.
He laid it right by her head. So sweet!
Finally around 1 it was time to go. You may be asking why Cooper is short-less. Well he FILLED his pull-up and then some and of course we didn't have a change of shorts. So we just looked like a VERY classy family leaving.
Rob managed to sneak out of the ER so we could take our first picture as a family of 4!!!
Uncle Zach drove us all home. Cooper fell asleep but he hung unto his baby sisters car-seat the whole time...Maybe he really does like her after all?

3 comments:
aww, that last picture is my favorite!
Carolina!!! So happy for you guys! I love the pictures and the pic of Coop holding onto the carseat at the end is priceless! I hope you guys are settling in well. What a beautiful family you guys have. :)
she. is. beautiful! absolutely perfect! i hope to see her in person sometime very soon!!!
Post a Comment