Well it's finished, as finished as its going to be before Georgia gets here! Her nursery is ready for her to arrive! I fell in love with a bag by Pickle Petunia Bottom and that is what inspired the room. Cooper's nursery was brown and white and so I used some of his stuff and added yellow. All in all I am pretty pleased with how it turned out.
I found this dresser at an antique store and painted. The glider is the same one from Cooper's nursery but I had a lumbar pillow made.
I stumbled across these curtains at World Market and thought they looked pretty good. My mom did the embroidery art on the right when she was a kid.And my favorite part. The artwork!!!! Annie Minnigh painted this for me based of the diaper bag on the floor to the left. IT IS SOOOOO COOL and I think it totally makes the room. I decided to just do a bolster pillow along the back as opposed to a bumper. I will have to get a close up picture later.
This curio cabinet used to be light brown with VERY fragile glass. I think it originally belonged to my mom's grandmother Dixie. Well I couldn't use it with the glass in it so Annie suggested doing chicken wire and painting it. I think it turned out awesome. I have started collecting letter "G"'s for a collage on the wall but so far only have a couple so I will have to wait until I have a few more before I start hanging them.
So there is a quick tour. Hopefully she will feel at home when she gets here. Only a few more days!!!

1 comment:
LOVE IT!!! You did a great job, Georgia will feel right at home.
Post a Comment