On February 14th we had to say goodbye to this sweet face.
Rob and I got Pete the summer before we were married. He was the cutest fur ball and we fell instantly in love.
We were just kids ourselves but I told Rob from the very beginning that Pete may just be the best decision we ever made...I knew that because I could love him and care for him that I could be a mom.
And he loved us very much too!
He was not very happy when we brought Toby home a couple of years later.
But they became best friends very quickly
And when kids started showing up he took it like a champ (usually.....)
Over the last couple of months he really started losing weight and finally stopped eating all together. The vet thought it was most likely cancer. He stopped drinking and really didn't move from one spot. With much reluctance we took him back and the vet told us what in our hearts we knew was coming.
Luckily all of this happened while Jill & her kids were here and so Cooper didn't really notice we had left to take Pete. After they left and I was putting the kids to bed I told the that Rob was headed to the farm that Pete had gotten very sick and died and Daddy was going to bury him. Cooper told me that made him very sad but that he was ok if Pete was in heaven. A couple of hours later I could still hear Cooper up in their room messing around when Rob got home. I asked Rob to please go see if he could get him to go to sleep. When Rob walked in the room the first thing Cooper said was "Daddy, how did you get from heaven so quickly". Bless his little heart he thought Rob had taken Pete to heaven personally.
He was our 1st kid and I will always be grateful for how he loved us and the kids all unconditionally. Toby keeps looking for him every time we come back from being gone. I think he is starting to figure out its just him now. The kids talk about Pete and how they miss him. I miss him too......
Thank you God for allowing us a wonderful 9-1/2 years with our "Mr. Man" please watch over him for us.


.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment