It takes an army to get a bunch of women beautiful. Even when they start out as beautiful as my sister. After breakfast with my family and a quick trip to the nail salon with Velita it was up to the "Owners Suite" of the hotel for make-up and hair.After a quick hug from Dad to his Boo it was time to get "dolled up"
Hanging out with the bride and Velita while Esdra gets her makeup done.
My one request...fake eyelashes. I felt like a Kardasian!
Nana came up to the room and so Pops brought Gabby in for some Nana time.
I think she loves her Great- Grandaughter. Gabby gave her some good grins.
love these baby blues.
Velita looked stunning. I wish I had her hair it is BEAUTIFUL!
and Belinda....it just wouldn't be a Hammett "girls day" if Belinda didn't get her curlers and and ironing board. (You know how sometimes a smell can trigger a memory, well the smell of a hot iron and starch totally makes me think of her)
Velita and Esdra traveled all the way from Fort St. John for this special event. They really are awesome friends and I know Jenny was so honored they were here for everything.
I think I turned out pretty good.
And look at the soon to be MRS. isn't she breathtaking?
A few of the details....her garters, "something blue"-handkerchief that Belinda's mom gave her as an infant the monogramming, "something new"- her yellow shoes, and a cool hanger I bought her last Christmas. Side note- her "something borrowed" was her veil, it was mine! I totally felt honored that she wore it.
Finished product!
Here is her "something old" the belt on her dress was made from pieces from our moms dress. Didn't it turn out awesome.
She gave us each a handkerchief with a quote on it special to each of us. I loved all her details.
Rob was on Daddy duty and made sure the kids got naps while we were getting ready.
We bribed Cooper with some Thomas the Train. He was pretty touch and go, you can see from the look on Rob's face it had been a rough afternoon.
Once Cooper was ready Pops was ready for him to come join the "boys"
Pretty cute pair huh?
The bouquets were awesome.
Its time for the dress....
FINALLY we were all ready. Now just to keep sweat marks from appearing on our gowns.
Meanwhile the boys had some cleaning up to do as well. I think Jeremiah was excited to get his new watch from his bride.
They clean up pretty well.
Brothers-in-laws. Rob might want to watch out, these to youngins may take him out.
As groomsmen gifts they had custom Nike shoes made with the boys names on the back.
Cooper even got his own pair of Chucks. And look at the precious ring bearers pillow (talents mom and Velita made that)
Now it is time for her to wait.....a few more minutes and it will be time to walk down the aisle.





























No comments:
Post a Comment