Sunday, December 25, 2011

Hammett- Kolbensvik Rehearsal Dinner

It's hard to believe my sister and Jeremiah have been married for over 4 months. I figured I probably better blog about the incredible event before the end of the year. Jenny and Jeremiah chose to get married in downtown McKinney, TX. It really was the perfect place for these two to get married. It is a perfect little downtown square and the hotel was called The Grand. I think the wedding took up the whole place!
Like most weddings there was a rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. Being the "perfect" maid of honor I brought a camera with a dead battery so I don't have very many pictures. 
The Wedding took place at a cute little white chapel called Chestnut Square. Melissa and Aunt Lee took good care of Gabby while we practiced.
And Uncle Jeff stole her for a bit

 Cooper needed LOTS of coaxing. We weren't sure if he was going to be able to perform his duties. 
 Good thing Pops was there to put a smile back on his face. 
 Fritz, Nana, Grandad and Grandmother made up the Peanut Gallery on Jenny's side. 
 After some quick visiting we finally got down to business. I think Jenny and Jeremiah were VERY ready for the next day.
Jeremiah's family hosted a wonderful dinner at a neat homestyle restaurant called The Pantry. It really was a special dinner. In fact it was the coolest rehearsal dinner I have ever been too. There is a long history between both families. My parents and his dad all went to high school together and it was neat to see all the common threads and hear old stories. 
Proud mother of the bride. 
 Gabby's big debut to many of our family. Since she was only 6 weeks old it was the first time my Nana and many of my aunts, uncle and cousins got to meet her.  
 Grandad and Cousin Zoe entertained Cooper.
 After dinner everyone had the opportunity to stand up and make a toast. Rob made one...(I missed it, Gabby needed a bottle) and Jenny said tit was awesome. We all went out to the hotel bar afterwards and continued our toasts. I even joined in for a shot with all the "Canadians". 
And the weekend just got better for these two. 
to be continued.....





No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS