At 4am on Boxing Day (Dec. 26th) Belinda woke up and drove us to the airport so we could catch our first of 4 flights to Canada. It was quite the adventure ur OKC to Salt Lake City flight was delayed over an hour while we waited on the plane, then we barely made it to our Las Vegas to Vancouver flight because stupid Orbitz only gave us an hour and we had to run to a totally different terminal (which is not connected to the other ones) and get new boarding passes. We finally landed in Ft. St. John around 8pm and my dad aka Pops was waiting patiently to drive us to the ranch. We stopped at McD's for some food and headed up the highway. For those of you who don't know it gets dark in Canada at like 4pm in the winter so it was a dark ride up the Highway but it was at least easy for Coop to sleep. By the time we got down the bumpy ranch road Cooper was wide awake and walked right into the house to this beautiful tree.
She even had a beautiful fire going on the TV
My mom aka Gran had been anxiously awaiting our arrival. We had big plans to go straight to bed since it was well past midnight, but Cooper had a different idea. He wanted to open all the packages under the tree.
And surprise it was a cowboy hat. Is he not the cutest thing ever?
and then right on to the next one....
Cowboy Boots to go with the hat!
Howdy Partner!
Gran had conveniently placed their rocking horse under the tree. Cooper new he was completely outfitted for a ride.
Rocka Rocka!
After a little bit of rocking we all figured we should call it a night. Now it gets dark at 4pm but it still doesn't get light again until 10am. First things first though Pops has to feed the horses. He doesn't look excited but I promise you it is favorite part of the day.
Rob and I were finally up and around when they got back. Of course I got sick the minute we got there. It always happens to me...and being 15 weeks pregnant I can't take anything to help. I pretty much spent most of the time in front of the fire with hot tea. Once I got a little more energy we headed out in the pick up for some sledding and to check out what was across the river. Pops and Gran even had a snowsuit for Cooper with Moose on it! He was ready to go.
He caught on to the sledding thing pretty quick! Please note the hat from AJ, being put to good use.
Faster Dad faster.
Once Cooper tried out the sled we loaded up in the ranch truck and headed across the river. Here is the view looking back at the house. Cold enough?
We thought we found a pretty good sledding hill so we all jumped out of the truck. The snow was a little deep for Coop.
Rob tried to push my mom down but the snow was a little too powdery. So dad and I drove back down the hill to pack it down.
Cooper and Gran had a great ride!
Then it was back in the truck we spotted some buffalo on our way across the field.
We drove around to see if my Dad could findd some of the traps his guide Burt had set. We only found one and it looked like it had been set off
but after he trekked across the frozed pond. Nothing. Oh well.
Cooper, Gran and I spent most of the rest of the day inside. Rob and Dad hopped onto some snow mobiles and went back across the river to have a little fun.
The next day I was feeling a little better so I let Rob sleep in and headed out with dad and Coop to feed the horses.
As soon as they spot the truck they come-a following.
Aren't the all fuzzy and precious this time of year.
Right about now I bet they wish they lived in Florida.
Cooper loves to go on this outing. He literally hangs out the window watching them.
When we got back Rob was up and dressed to ride up on the snow mobiles to Trimble Lake. It is about an hour ride but I knew he wanted to see the new cabin up there. Plus I knew he wanted to ride the snow mobiles. But Cooper first insisted we all sit in front of the wood stove and cover up all in a row with the quilt over us.
I think Rob was a little excited.
After Dad and Rob left Cooper was ready for a nap. Pops had made him his very own toddler bed and he crawled right up and took a long nap in it.
Mom and I got all the Christmas decorations down and packed up. And I even started doing a little work on Rob's half finished needle pointed stocking. I wish I could say Rob took pictures on their little excursion but he didn't. They were pretty tired and cold when they got home. Mom had made homemade Hamburger buns and we had a delicious buffalo burgers and potatos. And despite his long nap Cooper was still pretty tired and fell asleep in Pops lap while watching a Back to the Future marathon.
The next day it was time to leave for our long road trip back home. While we were getting all packed up Cooper spent the morning being Peanut...or "Nut Nut" as he calls her. It was priceless. He copied everything she did, including going to the front door and barking at the birds. If I hadn't already packed the video camera in the truck I would have caught it on camera.
We couldn't leave without a family picture!
or two!
or three!
It was a short trip to the ranch but we had a great time. And we had a whole nother adventure on the road down south (blog to come!)


No comments:
Post a Comment