Thursday, January 6, 2011

Christmas Eve

Christmas really snuck up on us this year. But we were ready for it once Christmas Eve came along. We were totally blessed this year to have my moms best friend Belinda come and spend it with us. She got to town just in time for us to clean up and head to the Christmas Eve service. But first I had to get Jenny to snap a family picture. The 1st Christmas Rob & I were married (which was only a couple of days later) we started taking pictures of our family in front of our Christmas tree.We have a frame in the hallway that holds each one. It is so fun to see the difference each year.  I totally copied the idea from our friends the Fords though so I can't claim it as my own. This is ours from this year!
The sanctuary was packed so we had to sit in the balcony. Rob thought it was pretty cool though because the Stoops family ended up sitting only a row or so away. He may make me sit in the balcony from now on. Cooper sat very well through most of the service. Don't think we made everyone listen to a two year old the whole time. It was the "family service" and so there we tons of other 2 years olds making noise too. He stood and sat for every hymn.
And was so excited that they handed out thses little flashlights to all the kiddos.
Unfortunatley Cooper got a little antsy (despite the fact we brought all 4 monster trucks) so Rob and him snuck out a little early and saved us a table at Charlestons. We had a great dinner and were able to fill up Rob's tummy before he had to go up to the hospital for what is becoming an Annual Christmas Eve overnight shift. Of course when we got home is was pretty late so we let Cooper open his Christmas Eve gift....surprise it was Pajamas!
He sure looked cute in them. After listening to Papa Jerry read The Night Before Christmas via a recordable book.....and a little belly rub for Boss from Belinda....
We tucked Coop in for a good nights sleep!
 I had HUGE plans for Jenny & I to make homeade Buns and Sticky Buns for Christmas at Rob's moms house. However I mistakenly thought I had tons of yeast in my pantry...boy was I wrong. But Jenny sat patiently while Belinda and I ran around town trying to find an open grocery store. 
I owe both of them big time...we finally found some after midnight and they stayed up and helped finish everything. In fact Rob got home early and was in bed before us! Needless to say Santa and her helpers had sticky buns instead of cookies!

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS