Monday, September 27, 2010

Welcome to Mayberry...Coop turns 2!

On September 19th our baby boy turned 2!!!
And we celebrated with a big backyard party...and we did it Andy Griffith Style.
It was a wonderful party. We couldn't believe all the people who came. I tried to get all Aunt Bea and decorate like she would have and make food like she would have. A few of the things I attempted did not work out but for the most part everything looked great. 
We had popcorn and cupcake and even tried making miniature candy and Carmel apples.
Of course you know Opie drank lots of lemonade and apple juice! 
We threw the party out back but I wanted all the kids to become "deputies" so I had badges at the front door. And Bryson and Ilena's good friend John (OKC cop) got us coloring books and stickers from the police department. Barney Fife would have been proud.
Back in Opie's yard we tried to recreate Mayberry.
The famous fishing hole "Myer's Lake" was a huge hit. Many thanks to Danielle and Uncle Zach for manning the fishing poles and prizes. Some how Cooper kept catching Dollar Bills....guess the birthday boy is a pretty good fisherman.
Brody and Bryson become pros at bobbing for apples.
 
We even had the famous bounce house out. It was the official Mayberry Courthouse.
If can believe it, our good friend Heather is a VERY talented Balloon Animal artists and she volunteered her talents for the party. I bet she made 100 animals.
of course her husband Dustin was a great sport as well.
Kiddos were running around like crazy and Cooper was definitely waltzing around like he was the star.
It took us a while but we finally got him rounded up so we could sing him Happy Birthday!
Yummy cupcake!
The Oklahoma County Sheriffs Department supports the organization Sunbeam Family Services and we wanted to support them. So we asked our guest to bring donations off their wish list instead of a gift. Of course Cooper managed to still get a "few" goodies.
I am still in such awe at the amount of donations we collected for Sunbeam. They totally filled my car.
And the looks on their faces when I dropped them off and told them who they were from...it really was priceless. I was so proud of all of our friends and family and all they contributed to help out this great organization. And to all the people who came a huge Thank You. Especially the ones that traveled several hours just to celebrate with us!
Belinda from Abilene via Dallas
Grandmother (Great Grandmother to Cooper) 
 And look at all the Hammett's in from Big D
Grandad, me, Uncle Zach, AJ, Danielle, Belinda, Grandmother, Aunt Karen, Rob & Coop

Of couse Uncle Brad, Cappy & Gigi were all there!
At the end of the party Cooper was handing out Hugs like crazy!
Dustin even got a hug and kiss!
 Gigi and Cappy got a little love too!
But he really did save his biggest hugs for us!
We love you Cooper Layne!!!
Thank you for making us the proudest parents of any 2 year old ever!
Happy 2nd Birthday!!!

 

2 comments:

Jessica N. said...

TOOOO cute! I LOVE the theme. That is great. Happy Birthday Cooper!

Erin said...

Carolina, you out did yourself! That was just the cutest party. You thought of everything. Young and old had so much fun! I was sad we had to leave early, but I'm so glad we got to come by for a little while. You made Mayberry a happenin' place! Happy birthday Cooper!!!!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS