Monday, September 20, 2010

No place I would rather be....

Let's just say I have been patiently awaiting Friday night for several years. When I recieved this invitation in the mail a few weeks ago I began anticipating it even more.
Finally the wedding of one of my closets friend Amanda Shaw and her lonng time love Michael Bodwell. The ceremony was attended by family only but I was able to weasel my way into helping out at their house beforehand. My job was to help get this sweet blonde ready for the big event.
Kate is Amanda and Michael youngest and she was born after we had moved up here to Norman so I have not gotten to spend very much time with her. So I tried to make up for it. I gave her a bath, tried to tame her blonde mane and even fed her. Honestly it was the highlight of my evening, it was great getting to love on this sweet little polka dot princess. And her big brother Luke too!
Of course I was able to catch a glimpse of the bride as she hid in the bathroom from the wandering eyes of the groom.
Her mom had saved this bonnet Amanda wore when she was an infant and I wrapped it around her bouquet for her so she could carry it with her.
The left as a Shaw and a Bodwell...
I hung out at there house while they were at the church to get ready. Jenny and Rob were heading over with my clothes so while I waited I made The Bodwells a sign.
After the I Do's Michael and Amanda had invited a few of their closest friends to dinner at Nick & Sams to celebrate.
Rob & Joe must have picked out their outfits together.
Here are all us ladies...we all pledge Chi Omega together in 1998. Feels like is was only last year..
...things sure have changed. Now we all have another half to our pair!
During a few toast were made and Amanda's best friend Laura said it best....she said that there is no place she would rather be than right there at that dinner....and she was absolutely right . There was no where I would have rather been on Friday night than sharing this special occasion with many of my favorite people in the whole world celebrating the marriage of two wonderful people.
We love you Amanda & Michael and all your little ones too!

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS