So Rob and I spent Monday taking down the Christmas decorations. Of course the part that takes the longest is the ornaments. But it seems like I take a little more time looking and reminiscing about each ornament as I take them down.
Like this one....it is from my 1st Christmas in 1980
Or this one...I gave it to ROb on our 1st Christmas....we were on our Honeymoon
This one is my favorite....when I found out I was pregnant we still hadn't taken our tree down that year....I made Rob promise me he would help me do it one night. So then as we were about to start taking the ornaments off the tree I grabbed this one and said oh yeah I bought this one to put on the tree next year...he was sooooo excited
This giraffe was actually the topper on the cake at our Couple Shower that was hosted by all of our Tailgating Sooner friends. I put polyurethane on it and a hook (it is made out of fondant so I don't know how long it will last, but it is still fun)
These are from out trip to Maui this past March with my family
And this one....it was part of the 30 things I love about Rob that I gave him for his 30th birthday. Our street has big snowmen that everone puts in their yard and Rob worked his butt off to make ours and a couple of our neighbors. I thought it was so sweet of him and I wanted to remember it.
So now our house is back to normal. It always looks so bare after all the decorations are gone....guess I need to get some Valentine's wreaths or something.

No comments:
Post a Comment