Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Easter "Kick-off"

After the Easter Party at Gingerbread Cooper and I came home and dyed a few eggs.
I was shocked how steady his hands were.  
 He didn't crack one egg!
 
Of course they scheduled our first soccer game of the season for exactly one hour after our church Easter Egg Hunt. So we woke up early and headed over so we could participate (briefly). Gigi, Gran and Aunta Belinda joined us.
Gabby enjoyed showing off for all 3 of them.
Gymnastics buddies (Coop, Owen, Breckyn)
 Gabby and Berkley (Gabby wasn't into hugs that morning)
 It just so happens a fellow shark was in attendance.
 Gabby waited patiently for her hunt to start.
 Neither wanted to take a picture.
 Once the bell rang she was off.
 Cooper swiped up his 10 egg quote in just a few seconds.
 Gigi helped Gabby find a few more.
Then we had to pack up and head over to the soccer fields for the official debut of the SHARKS!!! Quick team huddle while Coach Andy looks on. 
 Cooper was a "starter"
Gabby enjoyed eating the team snacks while she watched. 
It was so fun watching. Cooper had so much fun and did a great job protecting his teammates from having the ball stolen. He is a true "assist-man". They won the game (I think the score was 22-0)
After the game we took everyone out to lunch. The weather was beautiful and the kids and I went to burn off some more energy while Gran, Gigi and Belinda finished their meals in peace.
 Of course I had to get this picture!
Saturday night was an interesting one. The mother of all hailstorms. Check out the "eggs" that arrived around 4am.
Belinda's car and Pop's truck took the brunt of it. We are currently getting a new roof. I just felt awful that their cars were so beat up. Our back yard looked like it had snowed green leaves.
 
Of course it was truly Easter morning when the sun came out the next morning.
 

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS