Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Farm life!

Rob left for Haiti on February 1st (blog to come). I was lucky enough to have my parents here and we stayed pretty busy so it went by fast.
The weekend before Pops left to go back to Canada he was busy at the new property moving dirt and cutting down trees. Cooper spent the Friday night with Gigi & on Saturday morning Gabby, Gran and I all headed down to spend a few hours enjoying the beautiful weather and figuring out where we are going to build a cabin (one day).
Of course my camera battery had died so this was the only shot I got of Gabby girl. The weather was beautiful and it was fun exploring with Pops and Gran. We headed into Colgate for lunch and then we left Gran & Pops and headed back to Norman to pick up Cooper. They were going to stay the night and Uncle Zach was coming up to join them. Owen came over that night and the kids had a blast. We rented movies picked up Chick-fil-a and ate popcorn. The next morning during church Jenny text me to let me know her and Jeremiah were headed down to see the property. Since Cooper didn't get to go on Saturday they agreed to have him tag along. So we met them outside the church. HE was so excited he told me I could go back inside and he would wait by himself for Uncle J & AJ to come and get him.
Don't worry I didn't leave him to wait by himself. I stole AJ & Uncle Zach pictures off facebook. From the looks of it our whole family had a blast without us! Coop, Gran & Peanut watching work getting done.
 Hanging out in the feed trough while Pops, Uncle Zach & Uncle J work on the corrals.
 AJ, Gertie & Kirby (looks like she had her hands full all day)
I don't think these two will ever get in trouble. Hah, hah!
Cooper helped Uncle J build his bicycle jump. 
 
It looks like it was successful work.
 
And Uncle Zach with some larger dirt work.
 These two enjoyed watching from the back of the Jeep.
 Gran wanted to see if the saying really is true about always knowing how to ride a bike.
 Looks like he talked AJ into trying out the trough too!
 Bossing people around from the top of the tractor.
 
 Taking a tour with Uncle Zach 
 loving on Gran!
 
I was sad we didn't get to join them but Georgia and I did get a lot done at home and a couple of good naps too! I can't wait for the entire Mike Hammett to get to spend a weekend out there together.

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS