Sunday, September 16, 2012

Have a Magical Day!

They totally know what they are saying when they tell you to "Have a Magical Day" when you walk through the gates at the Magical Kingdom. After a good nights sleep we woke up bright and early for our first "official day" at Disney. We rented a double stroller as "back up" and it was totally worth it. The kids loved it and the guys loved pushing it (insert laugh)
We had reservations at The Crystal Palace for breakfast at 7:45 so we got early admission to the park so that meant pictures with hardly anyone in them!
 I think the first 5 minutes walking up Main Street was exactly everything Ilena and I had imagined. The kids smiles were worth every penny!
 Cooper could hardly contain his excitement.
 and neither could these two, obviously.
 A.W.E.S.O.M.E
We got our money shots and headed over to the Crystal Palace to meet some friends from the Hundred Acre Woods. We had to wait a little bit but the views were worth it.

 But first a few Mickey Waffles. The look on their faces was priceless each time a character walked up.
 I couldn't tell you how happy it made me that the kids loved meeting the characters. I was so afraid they would freak Cooper out but he loved them and totally interacted with them.
 And Brody tried to play it cool like he knew they were fake but secretly he loved it. Can you tell by the smile on his face?
 Tigger was awesome!
 A little snuggle for the Cunninghams
 and some photo bombing going on.
 Rob and Bruce (Bryson's Dad) had some great pictures with the characters.
With full bellies we headed over to Fantasyland to ride the famous Dumbo the Flying Elephant Ride. We had read that this ride usually has some of the longest rides in the park and you may have to wait over an house. Well we picked the perfect time of year to go because we walked right on!  I think Ilena was as excited as Meg for this one.
 I am surprised Coopers jaw didn't lock up because of his grin.
 I love this picture with all three kids in view
 Next up the Tea Cups! We only had to wait for the group going to stop and it was so empty even Alice herself was riding them. Elise convinced Bruce to go even though he hates spinning things. Make a note this is the last time for the day he isn't green!
 Bryson and Rob had to see who could spin faster.
 But I got the best seat in the house. Check out the pure joy on these twos faces.
 It just so happens Alice was sitting right outside waiting on these two cuties to say hello.
 They loved talked to her.
 One of the best parts of the trip is when we would catch these two holding hands. Totally spontaneously but oh so special.
 The race cars were next and please note Rob driving. He swears Cooper insisted he drive but I kind of wonder.
 The people over 48" all walked over to ride space mountain and I took these two to ride the people mover. We happened to run into these two!
After the Space Mountain the little kids wanted to ride the Astro Orbiter.  
 The views were amazing
 Somehow though Bryson and I got stuck riding together. Now I should add I really love the guy and was happy to ride anything with him. However we did literally get stuck. The rockets were so tiny this was how close to Bryson's neck I was.
 Ilena snapped this one of us. I could not stop laughing the whole time.
Next up Buzz Lightyear!
 One of the few times Cooper was actually willing to ride with Rob & I.
 How convenient that when we walked out of the ride Buzz himself was there to greet us.

 Nice to meet you Buzz, nice to meet you Doctor Buzz
 the obligatory family picture
 wonder if he practiced his poses before we came?
 We headed over to Adventureland where we rode on of my favorite the Jungle Cruise. I think Meg was really into it!
 After that we split up. I headed to Cinderella's castle with Meg and Ilena who had invited me to join them for lunch with the Princesses. Luckily Ilena had planned ahead and snuck a Tiana (Meg's favorite princess) dress in her bag. Because when Meg spotted all the other little girls in their dresses she had to have hers two. She was so surprised.
 I spotted these two friends watching us as we met the Princess. I loved that detail.

 Now up to the Grand Dining Room
 Lunch was very fancy and very special but the best part was this face every time it was announced a new princess would be coming to meet us.
 Snow White
 Cinderella
 Sleeping Beauty
 Ariel
 and even Belle
 After lunch every girl was handed a wand and told to make a wish of her very own.
 Thank you Meg and Ilena for allowing me to join you for this very special lunch.
 It just so happened that as we were headed to meet the boys Princess Tiana appeared and Meg got to meet her!
 Meanwhile while we were lunching with Royalty the boys were at the Pirates League becoming Pirates!
 Cooper was all about it!!!
 1st Official Pirate Tattoo
 a few bruises.
 and some eyebrows.

 Cooper chose to be turned into Jake from the Neverland Pirates. I think he was the spitting image.

Brody was a very real pirate 
 I loved this picture of Bruce and the boys..I mean mateys!
 Now it was time to hit a real roller coaster! Cooper was tall enough to ride Thunder Mountain and anxiously waited in the very short line.

 Maybe a little nervous at this point.
 But afterwards he was hooked. We had an official roller coaster junkie.
 We decided it was time for a rest so we staked out a spot in Frontier Land for the afternoon Parade.
 Bruce provided a little entertainment.
 Now look at this face....he was so excited to see the parade. (it got a little toasty with his wig on)
 I don't know how he and Meg's hands didn't fall off from waving.
 Captain hook spotted Cooper immediately
 and they had a real sword/hook fight right there int he middle of the parade. Cooper/Jake won of course (this may have been the highlight of my day)
 Next we headed back to ride Alladin's carpets. I love this picture of Rob and Meg, I think she really loves him. She always smiles so big and laughs at him.
 Rob and I were able to sneak on to this one together.
 Bryson and Ilena got their own bench too but the were busy chaperoning.
 these two cutie pies.

 The weather acted like it might start raining so we decided that was a good time to hit all the indoor rides. The big boys groaned but we insisted on riding It's a Small World and it was probably Meg and Cooper's favorite one of the day.
 Ilena and I got to ride on their bench and the two of them smiled and pointed and laughed the whole time.
 Across the way was Winnie the Pooh and they had a real fun play area in the line and the kids loved it.
 as did Bryson
 Prince Charming's Carousel
 Meg loves her mommy.
Hugs!
 and funny faces!
 Right in front of the carousel is the Sword in the Stone. This part of the park always makes me think of a Full House episode from when I was a kid. The kids gave it everything they got.
 Rob tried a bit
 and Bryson well you can see how hard he tried.
 There is a 3D show called Mickey's Philarmagic right there and I totally recommend it. It doesn't look exciting from the outside but it is a really cool show. When we got out though it was a downpour. Time for pancho's! Bruce and Elisse decided it was probably time to hit the road home so we all gave them big hugs.We decided to see how long the kids could make it.
 A few more rounds on the tea cups and a few other rides and we actually made it all the way until the park closed!
 We fixed some supper for the kiddos and put them down for the night.
Ilena and I even managed to sneak down to our hotel restaurant and had a quiet dinner while the guys kept watch over the kids. We couldn't believe how perfect and truly Magical the day was. We could hardly believe we had 4 more to go!

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS