So in case you have never met a spoiled brat....let me introduce myself. My name is Carolina and my husband Rob works his tail off at 2 separate Emergency Rooms so that we can do things like this. As you know we bought our house in May 2009 and remodeled practically everything except the kitchen and now we can say the whole house is complete. After several months of waiting I can officially say our kitchen remodel is complete! And debuting tonight.....here she is.....
VIEW FROM THE DINING ROOM DOOR
We went with dark cabinets and white quartz tops. This seemed to be the best way to transition from our very white dining room to our darker living room. You can see the kitchen from both room. The window above the sink was widened to bring in more light. The tall cabinets on the very far right....those are the fridge. Rob picked it out and is in love with it. I can;t complain I think it looks incredible. The glass cabinets were copied from my Aunt Lou's kitchen. She has one down to the countertop like that and I love it.
VIEW FROM THE LIVING ROOM
We opened up this bar area into the living room which really has made a huge difference in both room. I found these awesome pendant lights at two stores in campus corner (Birdie & Antique Garden). Most people notice the floors first. They are a porcelain tile (we have the same tile in a different color in the master bath). Its funny because it took me 30 seconds to pick that out and it always gets noticed first.
VIEW FROM LIVING ROOM
We also added a window here looking out over the pool. This addition made the biggest difference in the remodel. The amount of light it creates really changes the entire 1st floor of the house. And the awesome table...I found that at World Market in Dallas and weaseled my way into about 30% because it was a floor model they had but out the day before.
VIEW FROM THE BACK DOOR
I chose to do a white island because I fell in love with the dark wood top at a Christmas party I was at and just had to copy it. Plus the island adds a little bit of contrast. Unfortunately the top took FOREVER (over a month and a half) and it is the reason this remodel took so long. Everything else was done a month ago.
VIEW FROM BREAKFAST TABLE
I now have an entire wall of pantry space. All of the cabinets to the left are 13" deep so it makes for a great pantry space and nothing gets lost in the back. We also moved the oven and microwave to that side of the kitchen and the fridge is now right next to the table.
A COUPLE OF COOL THINGS
I had a recycling center put in the island so that we can be GREENER. So far it is working but it does make you realize how much plastic you use. I could fill all of these with plastic once a week.
Also in the island I had peg drawers installed for all of our dishes. It makes them very easy to find and very easy to put away as the dishwasher is directly opposite.
ROB'S COFFEE BAR
By moving the oven and microwave over we created this small counter space that is perfect for Rob's coffee maker. The backsplash is a simple ceramic subway tile with a beveled edge. I like the beveled edge because I think it makes it look a little more custom.
So there she is....I love it. And I want to stand and stare at it all the time. I do have a great quartz/granite countertop guy, tile guy, electrician, plumber and cabinet company if anyone is looking. As far as the GC goes I can't recommend myself as I can be VERY bossy and I think my ideas are the best.
Now we have a new kitchen and the pool is open so now you don't have an excuse to come over this summer and hang out!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment