Last Saturday was our church's Annual Easter Egg Hunt. McFarlin is in the process of trying to raise over $100,000 towards a new playground and childrens area outside. I serve on the board for the Children's Day Out program and along with the day care we decided to do an Art Fair in conjuction with the Egg Hunt to raise money for the playground. I spent several days at the school helong them get al the kids to paint their own art work. It was really a ton of fun and I got to be a "fly on the wall" and watch how Cooper plays and behaves in class.
Gigi was nice enought to come spend Friday night at our house so I could wake up early and head over to the church to help set up. It was raining of course so we had to use our back-up plan and display everything inside....but it turned out great. Cooper and Gigi arrived just in time...and he patiently waited for the egg hunt to start.
I was very surprised that he was not scared of the Easter Bunny! He loved him.
The Dixon's made it too!!!
I just can't believe how much Gus has grown. He is so cute! Next year he will be running around looking for eggs himself.
Then it was Bounce House time!!!! Poor Gigi she spent most of the afternoon bouncing and climbing.
Of course our very very very patient and generous friend Heather came and made Balloon Animals for us. How lucky are we....she must really love Cooper.
The kiddos sure love her.
She even manages to get Cooper to wait patiently.
He got what he wanted....a Pink Tiger.
Cooper's Class Art is one of my favorites...they are the Caterpillars of course.
And the GRAND FINALE....Coopers Art Work.
"My Pistol"
medium: Spray Art
"Blue"
medium: Free-hand
It was a success. So far we have raise $5000 from the Art Fair and hopefully next year it will be even bigger!




No comments:
Post a Comment