I can't believe my little guy turned 5. We celebrated for a week. Gigi and Cappy were going to be in Vegas on his actual birthday so we had a birthday dinner a little early in Coopers honor.
We decided to meet at Charleston's in Edmond and AJ and Uncle J joined in on the fun.
After we ate Cooper got to open a few gifts. He really only asked for a couple of small things. I am very lucky he isn't an "I want every toy I see" kid. But he had the biggest smile on his face every time he opened one up.
Of course Gigi couldn't leave Gabby out...and since she had her first trip to the ER what better to gave then her very own Doc McStuffins kit.
And doesn't every kid need a truck that is as long as he is tall?
My two favorite guys!
So glad we got to celebrate with Gigi and Cappy before their vacation.
AJ and Jeremiah brought each of the kiddos their very own balloon. Gabby's was this French bulldog with a bandaid on its chin. It was hilarious to watch her "walk" her dog.
Two of my favorite girls!
We must be the luckiest parents on the planet.
Coopers Birthday fell on a Thursday this year which meant he got to celebrate at school too.
Georgia got to participate since Thursdays are one of her no school days.
All of Coopers friends were so nice!
I just love hearing kids say the Pledge of Allegiance.
after all their normal learning activities (calendar, weather, etc.) It was Coopers turn.
Teacher Mary gave him his Customary "swats"
A HUGE hug
and then he got to do his show and tell.
Months ago he requested a Chuck E Cheese birthday party and I said yes....What was I thinking? Oh well. I promised right? We decided to have it on his actual birthday so we didn't have to worry about soccer and football games. And he was the happiest birthday boy ever.
His other requested was that it be "Thunder" themed. I really don't think he realizes the OKC Thunder is a basketball team but he does love all Thunder things he sees.
Tons of friends made it!
And from what I could tell had a wonderful time
Including his baby sister. She caught on to the ticket thing VERY quickly.
All our McFarlin CDO friends back in one place!
And almost all the "Sharks" made it.
After using up all our tokens it was pizza time
Channing and Gabby went right for the lollipops.
Then Chuck E Cheese made his debut.
I love "shy" Cooper face while everyone sang him Happy Birthday!
I hope his wish comes true.
The highlight of the evening was his chance to go into the ticket blast.
ANTICIPATION!
Pure JOY!!
Chi Omega Epsilon Alpha PC '98 was VERY well represented. I should add there are # baby bumps in this picture too!
Cooper and Case hamming it up!
Cooper is one lucky kid to have such incredible God Parents!
Rob and the God Fathers!
This is my favorite picture of the party. Both my kiddos God Parents/Families.
Brody and Cooper share the same birthday and so we got to sing to both of them that night!.
Once we got home we Skyped Gran & Pops and they got to watch Cooper open all of his presents.
And last but not least thank you Varner's for his Stompies. They were the #1 Birthday wish of our sweet boy!
We are so proud of this boy. He is incredible. The past 5 years have just flown by and I can't wait to see what the next five have in store for him.
We love you Cooper Layne.

















1 comment:
I am in ONE chuck-e cheese picture and I look like THAT!? AND YOU POSTED IT!?!?!
Post a Comment