The 2nd Annual Beta Theta Pi Loving Cup was the last Saturday of February. I say 2nd annual because it is the second time they have included Alumni. We all had such a great time last year we decided it need to become an annual event for all of us to get together. It didn't disappoints.
The Carams came over Saturday after lunch so Heather could do my make-up. It is one of my favorite parts of the weekend. She is awesome! Dustin kept his eyes on the kids.
After Heather did her magic and my mom created a master piece with my hair Rob and I headed to "The City" to check into the Skirvin for the night. Surprise! They put us in a room across the hall from Bryson and Ilena. We hung out with them for a bit and then we haded over to Flint with the Dixons for a drink before dinner.
Rob and I's very first date Loving Cup 2000. I had as much fun this time as I did 13 years ago.
We met everyone afterwards in the Red Piano bar at the Skirvin.
These two clean up well.
We all slowly made our way upstairs to the dinner. The food was blah....but the company was great.
Pledge Class '98 missing some TGSers but still a strong representation
The Wives Club!
Mr. & Mrs. Dixon.
After the dinner we moved over to the actual party. There was a great band playing and I got to visit with Tiff and Anne for a while.
Rob had me pick up Bow Ties for he, Bryson and Nick and I decided to add suspenders to the purchase. I think it was Bryson's favorite thing ever!
And lo and behold one of the 1st songs they played was Billy Jean and he let loose.
Scott joined in the fun. To be honest I have no idea how his knees didn't give out. The college girls thought they were hilarious.
I loved him in suspenders!
Typical pose.
Going strong
Here they are closing the dance floor down. We outlasted everyone! Who said old people can't have a good time.
The day before the party Rob and I had a little mishap and this guy saved us. It helps to have a friend willing to work overtime to help you out.
After the party ended a few of us headed to the lobby for pizza and to hash out old stories and then we all crashed. Rob and I slept like logs and then had to wake up fairly early. We met everyone downstairs for breakfast. Rob had a leave a little early so he could make it for his bell choir debut. Unfortunately I didn't make it in time but my mom made sure to tell me all about it.
While we were partying it up like college kids our kiddos were in the very loving hands of Gran. Who while Heather was busy making me beautiful showed up with a brand new kite for the kiddos. After seeing us off they headed over to AJ and Uncle J's to try it out.
Gabby was in ah...
Coop got to fly it all by him self.
and wanted to try and catch it every time it came down.
Pure joy!
A successful gift Gran!!!
Apparently they spent over 2 hours running around flying the kite and playing at the park. Coop liked hamming to up for AJ's new camera.
Gabby wanted to try everything. She thinks she is as big and capable as her big brother.
her and Gertie are peas in a pod
as are these two. She loves her some Uncle J!
It was a perfect night away! I think the kids loved having the break as much as we did!











No comments:
Post a Comment