Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Flappers n Fellas

The first weekend of March was the Annual Junior League of Norman's Charity Ball. The theme was "Flappers n Fellas". Our friends the Hodge's were supposed to get to come but Mrs. Hodge came down with the flu and offered us their tickets. And as luck would have it Bryson and Ilena were able to join us!  They even managed to put together some great outfits.
The Charity Ball does a Tasters Affair of many Norman restaurants and it is so fun to try all the different places food. One entire side of the ballroom is lined in just dessert places. Yummo!!!
Don't these two look like dapper dudes!
We all walked around the silent auction and even one a few things.  My favorite line of the night was when the live auction started Ilena looked at me and said, "I love going to auctions with Rob, he is like a loose cannon". It is so true he LOVES bidding on anything and everything.  I should add though that we did win one of the most popular items....2 days for 2 people with the Norman SWAT team.
 Ilena and Amanda got to catch up.
 As did Tiffany and I
 Some of the Beta boys there.
Bryan and Rob tried to do the wobble. It was pretty funny. I would like for them to show this off in Sunday School sometime.  
I was so glad I got to spend the evening with this girl! My little sister from another mother..Kristin Hodge Gragg
On our way out the door we ended up sitting and visiting with some friend at the bar. My favorite part was trying to watch Rob (in his expert medical opinion) show Tiffany how to get rid of the hiccups.
Looking forward to next year!

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS