Wednesday, March 6, 2013

McFarlin Art Fair 2013

Once again I headed up the Annual Art Fair for the Children's Day Out program at church. Cooper has moved on to Gingerbread but Gabby is still going strong at McFarlin and loving every minute and we love to give back to this program that has brought our children so much joy.
This year we decided that the money raised would go towards some new indoor play activity centers for "Club Jesus" in the children's area. Along with several great helpers and my co-Chair Hollie we have put in many hours up at the school the past few weeks helping the children create their masterpieces. We got yummy treats donated from several local bakeries and as you can imagine they were very popular.
 We had hundred of pieces to show off.
 This is Gabby's class the Caterpillars. Look at all those beautiful handprint and footprint butterflies.
One of Gabby's 3 masterpieces.
 Each class created a group piece and we auctioned them off in a silent auction. I was really surprised how well they sold.
 We organized the paintings by the 1st letter of each childs name. Halfway through the event I realized I had created a "BS" table.
 Gabby spent most of the fair crawling in and out of our legs.
 Cooper spent it with some of his old CDO friends.
 To top it all off I had to add a picture of my favorite self portrait from a little boy in the pre-k class. Notice how proud he is of himself?
It was another successful fair (we made over $4000)! but I won't lie I am glad to have my weekdays back.

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS