In February of 2000 I went on my first date with a good friend of mine. And he made it extra special...he invited me to his fraternity formal Beta Loving Cup. He and several other guys rented a limo for there dates and we headed to the party in high style. And believe it or not I married the guy.
Look how young we are!!!
12 years later we came back!! Beta hosted the 1st Annual Alumni Included Loving Cup. It was held at the Skirvin Hotel in downtown Oklahoma City and a bunch of our friends and us all decided to make a night of it and got all dressed up and booked rooms. My husband decided to stand out and purchased a beautiful khaki polyester suit at our local thrift shop. (note to everyone reading: this was a Black-tie event). But I still think we looked pretty sharp.
Rob stood out like a sore thumb, but I guess that was the point. At the dinner they gave away several awards including Pledge of the Year. Please notice that the "Khaki Explosion" is included on this plaque.
I wanted to walk up to the cute little 18 year old winner and point to Rob and say "You too can become a successful Doctor who buys his clothes at the Salvation Army"
Dinner started out slow but it quickly turned into a good time. How could it not when we were sitting with these lovely couples.
We even got to pose for "Party Pics"
Of course I had to snap a picture with two of my favorite fellow construction classmates Scooter (Scott) and Deebo (Matt)! The 3 of us spent many hours on projects and goofing off in the CNS computer lab
And Scott's lovely bride and my Sunday School buddy Tiffany!
There are some great videos of all us "old people" dancing our little hearts out. We outlasted many of the college students and even hung out in the hotel bar for a little while afterwards.
It really was soooo much fun and I can't make an annual event out of it. I think we all needed a night away from our kids so we could act like college kids again.
Special thanks to Heather Caram for the awesome make-up and my mom for my awesome hair-do. I felt like a princess.











No comments:
Post a Comment