I serve on the Board for the McFarlin Childrens Day Out program and was given the task of organizing our 2nd Annual Art Fair. This year the theme was ”Buggy’n Out” and proceeds will go towards the purchase of a new Buggy for our youngest students.
This one is in dire need of being replaced. (Ashlyn Nichols posed for me)
I spent most of my days the two weeks before up at the kids school helping all the students create their art work. It was a lot of work but I really enjoyed getting to spend time with all the kids up there. They are so fun to be around as all of the teachers. Luckily Gran is still here and she helped me to create all the decorations for the event. I wanted the "Bug" theme to be apparent.
I got local Norman Cookie and Cupcake shops (Sweets & Spurs, Fancy Cakes Etc., Saradees Sweet Treats, Stellas Sweet Shoppe, Simply Sweet @ The Tulip Tree, Emma J’s Bakery) to donate goodies to be served to all the guest. You wouldn't believe how cute all the treats they made were.
All of the art really was incredible.
But of course my favorites were these!
The best part of the whole event though was working these incredible women! They made it so much fun.
The 2012 Art Fair was an incredible success we were able to donate over $2500 to McFarlin’s Project Playground. I think we will be buying a new buggy!




No comments:
Post a Comment