Monday, October 24, 2011

Oktoberfest 2011

Saturday was the OU VS. Texas Tech game (we won't talk about the game but the tailgate was AWESOME!) Brandon and Allison Lee hosted their annual Oktoberfest and it did not disappoint. Lauren Margaret even dressed up like a German for us!
 Rob was not very happy about his new facial hair.
But Gabby Girl loved hers!
 Libby...your husband was a tremendous help, this little girl is getting heavy and I needed to snap a few pictures. He just snatched her up and she was happy as could be.
 Lauren Margaret enjoyed all the homecoming decorations around our tent. They kept sneaking off to check all the banners out.
 But they loved the alligator the best.
 How cute is this. (I should add that the next morning at breakfast Allison was brushing LM's hair and Cooper looked her and said "Lauren you lookin' good", I have been laughing for two days over that one)
 Once the Varners and Kovashs arrived with a much need power strip the bounce house was in business. Let me tell you this is the cheapest babysitter ever.  
 Cooper will need a little "toughing up" though if he is going to hold his own with the big boys.
The tailgate was a total success (check out how old the guys are getting)
 Because the Rangers game was on TV we ended up with a couple of extra game tickets and Allison was willing to hang out at the tailgate with Gabby so we decided to take Cooper into the game (I figured he would last the 1st quarter)

He was beyond excited.
Our seats however are as far from the ground as possible and poor Rob had to carry him all the way up the ramps. When we finally got up to the top Cooper had an accident (the solid kind). I took him and got him cleaned up and then we went to our seats. In the 5 minutes I was in the bathroom the sky turned black and a huge Lightening storm started. We sang the national anthem and Pollock snapped this picture.
Right then it started raining and Cooper and I had to head for cover (we didn't bring anything to cover up). When we got back to the bottom they asked everyone to get under something and the game was delayed an hour and a half. The lightening was omen to the chaos that Tech brought to the field. The storm got so bad our tailgate tent was destroyed while the guys were packing up. It was awful but I at least watched it from the comfort of my own warm bed with both kiddos tucked in tight.
Hopefully Cooper "real' 1st game will be a victory!

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS