On the 14th the kiddos and I headed down to Dallas for a very important introduction. Pops was flying into DFW (well Gran was with him too) on their way to Africa to hunt a Cape Buffalo. This would be Georgia's first introduction to her Pops. We got into town early in the afternoon. I had decided it would be easiest if we stayed in a hotel because some of my Dads cousins were going to be staying on Alta Vista. It is to bad I don't have a video of me trying to hall both kids and all our luggage into a hotel through a revolving door. Why did I have to pack individual bags for each of us? Once I got the kiddos changed we headed over to Alta Vista to spend a little time with Grandmother and Grandad. Of course Uncle Zach snuck over to see his niece & nephew.
Cooper immediately asked Grandmother for some toast and she of course obliged.
Cooper stayed at Grandmother & Grandads and Gabby and I headed to visit Amanda and introduce Gabby to the Bodwells. All 3 of their kiddos were asleep and I didn't break out the camera but it was really nice to just get to sit down and visit with Amanda.
For weeks Cooper has been telling us he wants to go on a "Big Plane" with Pops and Peanut. Sometimes Rob or I or Gran or Uncle Zach are invited but always Pops and Peanut. So even though they didn't get in until 11pm I decided Cooper couldn't miss a trip to the airport. He thought the baggage carousel was pretty cool.
As soon as Pops and Gran walked out guess where Cooper went....he wanted to know where Peanut was. Go figure? Regardless he was so happy to see Pops and Gran. My Dad is always worried his grandkids won't remember him...no worries Pops, Cooper talks about you nonstop.
An then it was time for Georgia's debut...I think my dad was smitten.
We hung out at the baggage area for a while (they lost my dad gun case...scary thought huh?) But Cooper didn't mind it meant more time watching the bags go around.
We got all settle into the hotel and AJ headed back to stay at Zach's. Pops spent a little time with Gabby
and then Gran snatched her up!
It was a VERY late night and Cooper did not want to wake up the next morning. Why wouldn't he he gets to snuggle with a large plastic Woody Doll in a huge brown hat?
Once he remembered who was in the room with us he cuddled up to Pops for a little Andy Griffith.
We got Gabby all dressed up in her "Little Sister" outfit and handed her off to Pops
They are pretty lucky to have such a fun Pops!
We met Zach & AJ at Mecca on Harry Hines for breakfast and ran a few errands before it was time for us to have a mini family reunion on Alta Vista. Our great aunt and uncle Zen & Joe, their kids Ed, Jon & Johnna (kids Taryn and Ian) and great aunt Anna and her kids Alan Mark & Beverly we all in town. Alan Mark is being transferred from California to Alabama and happened to be driving through on the same day my folks would be their so Grandmother worked her magic and we were all able to get together. Of course Gabby needed to stretch when we got there.
Cooper and Ian immediately started playing together.
And Taryn and Grandmother joined in.
We snapped some pictures of the sections of the family. Here is ours!
After lunch Cooper gave AJ a little sugar!
It is blurry but I loved this picture of Grandad and Cooper. Grandad always makes Cooper laugh and smile.
This is Grandmothers sister Zen, Sister-in-law Anna and of course the Georgia's namesake Grandmother
Later that afternoon we headed back to rest at the hotel while Pops and Gran headed back to the airport to pick up the missing gun case but more importantly pick up their good friend Bruce & Diane who would be going to Africa with them. Of course we had to take them to eat at El Fenix. Gabby loved Diane.
And Cooper and Bruce are old friends. Bruce let Cooper play with his new binoculars.
If you notice he insisted on looking through them backwards so everything was really small. He spent almost an hour doing this.
It was another VERY late night and the "grown-ups" had to be up early to catch their flight to Johannesburg. I snapped this picture of Safari goers as they were leaving. We won't hear from them for 19 days!!!
The kids and I slept a few more hours and then cleaned up and headed over to see Aunt Pat. I was meeting my good friend Noel and Danielle for lunch by the Galleria. Well Aunt Pat offered along with our cousin Melanie to take Cooper to the Galleria to play and for ice cream. When Gabby and I got back from lunch he was one happy camper!
It was a whirlwind trip but it was so worth seeing my Dad meet his granddaughter and Cooper's face light up when Pops walked off the plane. I can't wait for them to get back though!

























No comments:
Post a Comment