Saturday, November 27, 2010

Carolina on my mind...North Carolina that is

On Sunday morning we woke up bright and early....Cooper was very excited we were headed to Raleigh to see Rob's dad and stepmom Linda (Papa Jerry and Nana). Well after arriving at Will Rogers airport in OKC I realized that pregnancy brain really has hit me....our tickets were actually booked thanks to Uncle Zach for taking us to the airport so we didn't have to pay for parking.
Cooper is a old timer when it comes to flying but this was his 1st flight where we actually had to buy him a ticket so he took huge advantage of having a seat to himself.
'
Of course after the drive and what not we got on the plane and there was a 40 minute delay due to a computer problem. Good thing the Choo-choo trains (aka baggage carts) kept driving buy outside the windows.
We finally arrived in Raleigh right at dinner time. I wish we had gotten a picture of our rental...it was Kia Soul, you know the dumb commercial with the rapping hamsters? Thats the car. Nana had a surprise for Coop...s snowglobe with "Pete" in it. Cooper loved it.
But not as much as he loved their sweet puppy Hummer. No please note that Linda has a thick North Carolina accent so Cooper kept saying "Humma" with nice southern drawl.
Linda's son Scott and his family (wife Heather and girls Megan & Shea) got into town fro Denver after midnight. So when we woke up Cooper was so happy to have two cousins to play with. Shea even brought out her colors for him,
And Nana had out her rocking chair from when she was little. It was just Coopers size
Then it was off to a special treat. Kanki...is a Japanese hibachi restaurant that they all go too. Linda's daughter Kim and her husband Robert met us there. Cooper was totally in awe of the chef.
A group shot of the whole crew
left to right: Rob, Coop, Shea, Megan, Heather, Scott, Nana Linda, Kim, Robert
After Cooper woke up from his nap we all played downstairs. Cooper really liked Scott and had to show him and his girls all his cars and his train.
Papa Jerry was in surgery all day but made home just in time for the little guy to wake up from his nap. Then we all had spaghetti dinner and watched a little basketball!
The next day the weather was beautiful and we took advantage and walked over to the park. Cooper was so spoiled having Megan and Shea to take him on all the slides and swings
I snapped this picture of Linda and the Herrings!
and of course Linda and the Cunninghams
After the park we all us kids headed to downtown Raleigh to the 42nd Street Oyster Bar for a late lunch...but not until Robert and Rob had a little Fantasy Football pow-wow
Coop got the girls to show him the Lobster tank
After lunch the Herrings headed to Rocky Mount where Linda's mom Grandmama lives to get an early start on Thanksgiving. Robert and Kim have a fantasy football league that is s mixture of co-workers and friends and Rob has played with them for the last 5 or 6 years. So Tuesday night they hosted a party at their house so Rob could meet the rest of the league. I thought it was great now he can put faces with names. We got there a little early and Coop immediately found the food that was within arms reach.
In fact I didn't see it but was told he face planted right into the M&M's. This was the look I got when I scolded him
 
Can you say "I look like my Dad when I'm in the dog house?"
There was a surprise guest.....
That right Papa Jerry & Nana had arranged for Santa to stop by! And Cooper wasn't scared of him at all!
You think Papa Jerry is a proud grandfather?
And Cooper seems to have mutual feelings!
These two have a lot of fun together.
I was very proud of Cooper, while we were there he found a picture of Linda's kids and grandkids and he was naming all the people in it! It was a great party and we were sad to go....but at least Cooper can count on seeing this guy again in a few weeks.
Wednesday was our last day so we headed up to Papa Jerry's clinic so he could show off Cooper. As Rob and Jerry stated "he flirted with the nurses like a pro"
He couldn't wait to give Nana her birthday gift. She even let him open it for her.
The picture is blurry but you get the idea...."Humma" got the biggest hug good-bye
Already old friends!
We had a wonderful time in Raleigh and hope we get back there soon.  I promised Jerry and Linda I still take pictures of our pups so I wanted everyone to know that we have these two precious faces to greet us when we get home

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS