So I am going to start another section to my blog called "Crafty Caro"...it really should be called crafty Caro with alot of help from other people....but I will just take all the credit for the projects. Cooper is down to only one day of school a week (for the summer). On Monday my mom and I went to pick him up and noticed that he was the oldest kiddo still sleeping in one of the cribs.....time for nap mat...I don't want him to get teased. So when we settled in for the night I started looking for one on the internet. Good grief they were expensive....certainly we could make one for less money. Boy was I wrong. I pretty much spent the cost of one on the materials. Oh well....I do have to say it turned out pretty cute.
Step One.....go to the fabric store to pick out some fabric
(bring a friend along just make sure he is on a leash)

Step 2...wait patiently by your favorite one until mom sees you and can't refuse your request to buy $10 a yard fabric
Step 3....find a pattern online and make mom start cutting
Step 4....request that mom only sew after you have gone to bed
Step 5....have Gran drive all the way down from Canada to make sure everything gets done correctly
Step 6....lay it out on the floor so Teddy can test it
Step 7....make sure Gran thinks it is good enough for her Coop
Step 8...take a few test naps on it before school on Monday
(this picture was taken right after he woke up the next morning, he went straight to the mat and laid down...like he had been doing it for months)
Step 9....verify you can even sleep perpendicular on it and pantless
Step 10.....roll that sucker up and take it to school
I can't believe Cooper is big enought to sleep on a mat. Apparantly the mat didn't go over as well at school as it did at home so we brought it back to the house so we can keep practicing every day on it. I am sure he will have it mastered soon. Thanks Mom for you help!


3 comments:
So precious! So, did Coop not want to use the mat at school?
Wow, you are amazing! That is so cute! Colton got a discounted gray King size pillowcase from TJ Maxx for his mat cover. Maybe his Aunt Caro can make him one for next year? :) You should start a business-I will be your first customer!
It's even cuter in person, so talented. I told her she should start making them too & charge big $$.
ps. I can't figure out how to sign in, so I think this shows up as anonymous.
Jill
Post a Comment