Sunday, September 8, 2013

When the boys are gone...the girls get to play

On August 24th Rob and our friends Nick & Bryson headed out for a Big Game hunt at Gran & Pops. Cooper got to tag along. 
Which meant Gabby girl and I had 10 days of girl time all to ourselves. We headed out to Shawnee for the Annie Minnigh baby shower. G got to watch a movie in our new car. She basically became a zombie for the entire ride. 
 Once we got there she was swept up in the arms of these lovely ladies and I got to visit with Annie's sisters Katie and Emily. 
 After the shower we headed out to Gigi and Cappy's house because the Galbraiths were coming in for the night.  
Gabby and Connor were fast friends headed around in the truck for a spin around the yard.  
 Gabby wanted Aunt Christi to tuck her in.
 This picture does not do sweet Connor's eyes justice. He is so stinkin cute. I am a very proud Aunt.
 Gabby gave Uncle Al the sweetest hug good bye.
 Our visits are few and far between but it is always so wonderful. I hope we can go visit them in New York soon.
 
Sunday we took a trip to Dallas for a couple of nights. We spent the afternoon with Grandmother and Grandad and enjoyed a nice dinner together with Uncle Zach and Miss Cat at Two Guys. The next morning we headed out for a visiting spree. We spent some of the morning playing with Finley
 and enjoyed eating lunch with her and her Mama.
 They loved their time together. 
 We even got to swing by the Weibrings and visit with Marlie and Ben.  
 That evening we headed over to the Bodwells for a sleep over. It was this kiddos first day of Kindergarten and he spent his evening teaching me to play chess.
 We did a little shopping the next morning and then met Amanda and Kate for a girls lunch at Breadwinners. 
I am so grateful for my girlfriends and their wonderful kids. They are so fun.
 
That afternoon our cousin Brian helped me move a piece of furniture and then we went and hung out at Aunt Pat's house. 
 I think she wore him out. He probably swung her around in this towel for a good 45 minutes.
 Afterwards it was time to hit the road home. Because the furniture I bought took up the whole back of the car she got to sit shotgun. I think it might have been the best time of her life.
 We squeezed in a quick visit to the Magers and made it home in time to call it a night.
The next evening it was Dexter time with the Carams. Poor Dustin was kept preoccupied by the little Ladies.
 One afternoon we headed back out to Shawnee to play with Jack & Jaynie.
 I love these kids. 
 AJ & Uncle Jeremiah took this lady off my hands for an evening. They enjoyed cupcakes 
 
 
 and introduced her to salad.
 We met Gigi for a nice lunch on another day.
 And the night before the boys came home was the icing on the cake. Gabby Girl's first dance class.
She was very excited and hyped up with anticipation.  
 The 3 amigos. Gabby. Stella. Berkley 
 
 They let us bring the girls into the classroom and then we were asked to wait in the waiting room
 
 For a good 30 minutes all you could hear was little girls crying for their mamas. It was actually quite funny. The teacher assured me Gabby didn't fuss at all and she was so excited to get her lollipop at the end of the class.
 She melted my heart all week. I missed Cooper more than words could explain but it was so fun getting to have so much Mama/ Gabby time.

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS