We spent a lot of time in August visiting friends and having friends come visit us. It went by so quickly I feel like I lost track of time.
The 1st weekend in August the Whitmire's made their annual drive up to Kansas City. Lucky for us Norman is the halfway point between Austin and Kansas City which means we get overnight visitors.
They got here just in time for dinner so we wanted to treat them to our favorite Mexican food place in town Tarahumara's.
Colton and Cooper enjoyed getting to eat all the queso and tortillas their little hearts desired.
When we got back home we enjoyed some sno-cones in the backyard and it turned into a sprinkler party in their underwear!
Which meant a bath was a must!
How cute are Piper & Gabby?
We let them stay up way past their bedtime playing.
And then attempted to let these two have a slumber party.
It did not last.
Kauli and I got to visit after all the kids and guys headed to bed. They are always short but awesome visits.
The next week Jill & her kiddos headed up for a couple of days. We had lunch at Louie's and then headed up to the Oklahoma Science Museum.
After a couple of hours the pregnant mommies were a little worn out and so we headed home for a little "quiet time". That evening was the Annual "Skit Night" at the Chi O house. So I lined up a sitter to watch the boys and we took our little legacies with us!
I picked up an extra one on the way! Meg joined us...Ilena missed her skit her night in Stillwater so I though Meg would enjoy coming.
Look at these sweet girls
(Addie Magers, Addi Hofmann, Meg Varner, Gabby & Halle Hofmann)
I am so glad I talked Ilena into letting Meg join us. She loved it.
My 4 years at OU were the best. I couldn't have done it without this girl!! I love you Jill!
We took the little girls home and headed out to dinner with some lovely ladies. It was great getting to catch up.
It was a great evening!
We slept in and then enjoyed a nice day by the pool.
We even made it to Metro Shoe Wearhouse and got these to cool boys some new kicks.
One night AJ & Uncle J hosted a slumber party for these two! I joined them for dinner and the movie Planes
We even squeezed in a couple of Birthday Parties!
Case turned 5 and wanted hunting and sno cones. We got to take Hayes with us.
Luke also turned 5 and we got to Skate our little hearts out.
Phoebe turned 1 and we headed up to Cushing to celebrate with the Anderson Clan.
Happy Birthday Sweet Girl!
Thank goodness for Nick, Bryson and Brooke for keeping my kids entertained in the pool so I didn't have to get in.
Deep discussion.
I drove to Hollis one day to attend the funeral of my Sweet Great Uncle Joe. Gigi came to watch the kids for me. They enjoyed their afternoon with her.
Cooper found the costume box and spent an afternoon as a dinosaur.
and created a "Farm" Yes that is a ton of vehicles lined up in a "shop" if you saw his Pops collection at our farm you would understand why he think a farm is a bunch of vehicles.
Gabby and I got to go buy her first set of ballet shoes for her dance class this fall.
I can't believe how fast the summer has gone by....more of the end of summer adventures to come!






No comments:
Post a Comment