The weekend of July 13th was the wedding of my dear cousin Dixie Lynn to her love Michael Morgan. In case you didn't catch the irony....yes my parents are her Aunt Dixie and Uncle Mike! Of course early that week Miss Gabby had to get her haircut by the best girl in town Ashley.
VBS ended on Wednesday night and we decided to head out as soon as it was ever and drive into the night. Rob was coming off a night shift anyways and we thought the kids would be able to sleep. Gabby was wired when we started but before long they both were passed out.
We made it north of Amarillo before Rob thought it was a good idea to call it a night. After sleeping for a few hours we hit the road again.
The kids enjoyed the ride through the mountains and jamming out to theirs dads Michael Jackson CD.
When we got to the hotel and check all in we headed out for some lunch Uncle Mark, Ellie & Amy all joined us. It was great getting to catch up before all the excitement. We rested for a bit (let Rob take a good nap) and then headed to the lobby to meet Gran, Pops & AJ. Once we got all settled in and I switched us to a bigger room we headed out for a nice Mexican dinner. Gabby was excited and all accessorized.
She is such a little lady.
Who happens to love her AJ very much.
After dinner we headed over to the Famous Golden Bee for the 1st official wedding event! Aren't Dixie Lee and Dixie Lynn beautiful?
The Golden Bee is famous for this piano guy who plays and everyone sings along. He serenaded the couple and it was hilarious.
The two Houser son-in-laws. Michael & Anderson.
LATE LATE that night Uncle Zach showed up. He ended up crashing our room and had left his fully loaded (with 2 motorcycles, paddleboards and many other toys) in the front drive. IT wouldn't fit in the garage so the hotel let him store all of them in an empty ballroom. Only my family would be pushing motorbikes through a fancy hotel lobby.
We decided to take advantage of the beautiful Colorado weather and do a little exploring. The Varners recommended checking out North Pole City. And it didn't disappoint, it was the perfect amusement park for a 2 and 4 year old.
I think this motorcycle was Gabby's favorite.
Good thing Pops was there to ride with Coop.
Gabby insisted on walking up this steep hill herself.
We met AJ & Uncle Zach for lunch. Cooper got ahold of the camera.
After a good nap, Rob, the kids and I headed over to the church for the rehearsal. Our little flower girl and ring bearer performed very well.
Then it was rehearsal dinner time! Which meant Aunt Pat had arrived! One of my very favorite people on the planet.
Pops was grateful he had Coop & Gabby to keep him entertained.
and I think Anderson may have kept Rob and Zach entertained all weekend.
I was adamant that I get at least one picture of the Mike & Dixie's
Gabby enjoyed her dinner.
Once the toasts were underway my incredible husband took our fussy kids back to the hotel and called it a night.
Aunt Pat and some of her great-nieces and great-nephew!
After the dinner some friends of the Morgans hosted a "kids" party at the bar downstairs. I apparently fell into this category. But I didn't have a problem getting to hang out with all my cool cousins!
The next morning we hosted a bridal breakfast with Dixie's Aunt Ann and cousin Clair for her and her bridal party.
It was challenging planning something for somewhere you have never even laid eyes on but it turned out perfect.
Mom, Jenny and I all made her a 'married ladies bag" full of things with her new name on them.
When ever a Houser girl gets married they have a bible as their guest book. You sign next to your favorite verse. It is such a great idea and keepsake.
I was not planning on bringing this little peach but AJ insisted.
The crowd loved her in her sunglasses all morning.
Aunt Dixie and Aunt Anne's were perfect verses.
I think Dixie was glad Gabby came along. She ended up behaving wonderfully.
Gabby and I took a nice long nap and then started to get cleaned up. I think she new immediately how beautiful she looked.
We headed up to the bridal sweet to partake in the festivities with the bridal party.
She fit right in with all these beautiful ladies!
I was very honored to get to experience all the fun and excitement as Dixie got ready.
I just loved how all 4 sisters wore the same shoes they wore in Sarah's wedding.
Cooper and Rob joined Anderson and the rest of the groomsmen to head over to the church. At first he was a bit hesitate that he didn't get to go with me and Georgia but we just kept telling him that the "girls go with the girls" and " the boys go with the boys". Once we got to the church G found something fun to play with...
and I snuck down to see my boys!
Doesn't he look so "cool and awesome"!
Before we knew it, it was time to get the show started. Rob hung out with both kiddos in the back of the church while I went up to the front to be there when they came down. The plan was for them to walk down the aisle and then turn right and come sit with me for the ceremony.
You may recall last May when Cooper was the ring bearer in Dixie's sister Sarah's wedding. He pretty much freaked out and Rob walked down the aisle with him.
So needless to say I was worried he might do the same. And then I heard the pitter patter of Gabby's little shoes.
He did it!!! I think having Georgia as his "responsibility" was the key!
Then they got to the front...Cooper pushed Georgia to the left and said "you go with the girls George!, I go with the boys!" Guess he took it seriously.
I grabbed her and he headed over to the perfect spot! It is like he new despite not practicing exactly what to do.
And then it was TIME.....I think Dixie Lynn may just have been the most stunning bride ever. I think my Uncle Mark was a pretty proud papa.
Cooper just listened intently.
When it was time to pray he bowed his head and closed his eyes....he must have not heard the minister say Amen because he kept his eyes squeezed shut a few extra minutes. (or maybe he was saying 100 prayers that this baby is a baby brother!)
After Uncle Mark gave her away the wedding party all changed positions. Cooper slid right in sync. Sometimes he would catch the eye of me or Aunt Lou or maybe even Gran wave and give a thumbs up. He melted my heart every time.
It was a beautiful and powerful service. You could feel the love Michael & Dixie have for another and their love of Christ and his influence on their relationship.
It really was amazing!
I was so proud of my kids!
I think we all were!!!
We stayed for pictures.
She new she cute!
Rob and I headed back to the hotel to hand Gabby over to the babysitter. Anderson took responsibility of Cooper and he got to ride on the bus with the wedding party to the reception. He was happy to partake in all the photo ops.
Aren't they a stunning couple?
The reception was at the Broadmoore Cheyenne Lodge. If you have ever been to Colorado Springs it is definitely one of the most breathtaking places to see there.
It rained a bit during the ceremony and I think my Aunt Lou was concerned about the reception but that made for some incredible rainbows over the mountains.
The very proud parents of the bride. Who happen to be my awesome Aunt Lou and Uncle Mark.
By the time we got the reception Cooper was in full party mode. He posed for pictures with all his cousins.
Sarah
Ellie
Amy
and his favorite lady AJ
And of course Gran too!
Coop and the Ladies.
They did a formal entrance of the wedding party and Cooper made his grand entrance on the shoulder of Jackson Morgan the best man.
He thought he was the coolest kid ever.
He patiently watched the first dance.
When Rob and I went back to the hotel we promised we would bring Cooper a part of his gift from Michael and Dixie. So we brought a bubble gun. Well turns out it needed batteries. Apparently when I wasn't paying attention to him Cooper found Uncle Mark and told him "hey you got me this gun but forgot the batteries". So during his toast Uncle Mark asked if any body had batteries for Coopers bubble gun.
Prayers were said.
Delicious food was eaten. The bride and groom made their rounds.
and before he new it.....some triple A batteries appeared on our table.
I think Anderson was as excited as Cooper.
Rob thought he would be a little "gangsta" so he could send Jeremiah a picture of how much he was being missed. (Jeremiah had to work)
Cooper waited patiently for cake.
And then got hand fed.
We danced the night away. Cooper met new friends
I got to joke around with cousin Phil
Everyone enjoyed the party favors they handed out.
Three of my very favorite ladies Aunt Pat, Belinda and Carla!!!
Zach, Rob and Paul were not on their best behavior by the end of the night.
Anderson.....enough said
Pops even joined in on the fun.
Cooper even caught the garter.
I think it was one of his best nights ever!
The Garter, light up rings and glow necklaces!
It was sad to see the night end.
But so happy for these two love birds!
The next morning this is how we found Cooper. Surrounded by glow necklaces and blinking rings.
Gabby found his rings and wore 2 of them on each wrist and ankle until we arrived back in Norman around midnight that night. It really was a great weekend. God blessed me with this wonderful family that I get to be a part of. I can't wait to see them all again soon.
To Michael and Dixie.....all the best in your future.....it will be amazing! Thank you for including us in your very special day!






























No comments:
Post a Comment