Our last home game of October was OU vs. Notre Dame. It was a BIG deal! Rob and his friends have been talking this game up since our Junior year of college. It was another big tailgate! I was so excited because the Underwoods came up and stayed with us and Brandon Lee and Lauren Margaret left baby Caroline home with mommy for a little get away. The tailgate was of course mass chaos. ESPN game day was only about 50 yards away and I think all the energy from that crowd made it over to the kids at ours. Brandon was smart and set up a tent. Now I will throw him under the bus and say that he thought maybe the girls would nap in it. Instead it became its own little bounce house. It definitely seemed like the girls out numbered the boys at this one.
The bounce house was full of them.
Cooper even got a bloody nose!
We managed a line-up at this one as well.
left to right: #1-Brody Varner, #2- Sterling Kovash, #3- Coop, #4- Lauren Margaret Lee, #5- Meg Varner, #6- Avery Underwood, #7- Hudson Kovash, #8- Sally Downing, #10- Addison Underwood, #11- Claire Elder & #13- Gabby-girl
I love the smiles on these two faces.
Now I have to add Rob has done A LOT of growing up since college. Uncle Justin is a HUGE fan of the Irish so for his birthday Shelly and us treated him to tickets to the game. He showed up WAY early with a sign and even made it onto TV. Poor guy had to hang out at our tailgate all day.
But Shelly bore the traffic and brought the boys down to experience it a little. This was our best attempt at a cousin picture.
But they managed to get some great family pictures!
Proud Papa!
OU asked everyone to wear Red or White depending on their section. The effect was supposed to be a "striped" stadium. The game score might not have turned out like we would have liked but I think the stadium looked pretty AWESOME!
The Allenby's are going to be moving back to Mass soon and we are going to be so sad. But maybe in a few short years Cooper and the boys can all actually go to an OU or Notre Dame game together!
Allison and I headed back to our house with all the kiddies. They were a HOT MESS. But we managed to feed them all dinner.
and get them all bathed (on a side note we bathed 5 kids at one time in our master bath!)
and in bed!
(left to right: Gabby, Addison, Cooper, Lauren Margaret & Avery)
I should save this picture so one day Cooper can prove he once laid in bed with 4 ladies! We had such a great time. They all had to head out early so Brandon could get back to Allison and baby Caroline but I am sooooo glad they made the trip. The next day we were hosting a shower for the Carters (post to come) so I was busy as soon as everyone left.



No comments:
Post a Comment