Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Happy Independence Day!

Rob picked up a ton of extra shifts in Shawnee during July which left me "winging" it for the 4th of July celebrations. On the evening of the 3rd the kids and I tagged along with the Varner's to the Blanchard, OK 4th of July Celebration. They bought some property there recently and will be calling it home in the next couple of years so we figured we should check out the town.
Within 1 minute of arriving the kids spotted this bounce house slide
 Cooper wasn't as fast as Meg & Brody but he did beat the kid he was up against.



 Next up was the dunk tank that the Varner's neighbor was in charge of. We caught these two holding hands.
 Meg hit the bulls eye on her 1st throw!
 Cooper hit it too!
 We found a soft spot on the lawn to listen to the band and eat some cotton candy.
 I think they liked it.
 I love these two so much! I thank God everyday they get to grow up in this country. Gabby actually took a couple of steps while we were watching. Of course they were to Ilena.
 As it got dark they had a moment of silence to honor local men and women killed in combat. Then they said a prayer before the lights went down. I think Cooper takes his praying VERY serious. I hope he continues to grow up as a man of God and prays with such sincerity.
 Of course they couldn't start without the National Anthem.
 They 21 gun salute scared my 2 little ones.
 But I didn't mind getting to be their saviour.
 Cooper and Georgia loved the fireworks but Gabby insisted on sitting on top of Ilena.
It was a late night but the show was great!!! I look forward to going back in the years to come. The next day after sleeping in we met the Varners at Twin Hills. Bryson was able to get a lunch time tee time so Rob FINALLY got to play a little golf. We actually caught them while they were at the hole closest to the pool.
They had all kinds of fun things for the kids to do. All of them lined up for a balloon toss.
Georgia wanted to try and play too 
 Cooper wants to be a big boy sooo bad.
 Brody is pretty good.
 I love this kid.
 and his girl friend too!

 Ilena wanted in on the game too.
 I have no idea why I have no pictures of them in the pool. But they did so great. They even did a pinata toss. Luckily Cooper didn't notice I left all this candy at the country club 
 wearing pieces of the pinata.
 My bathing beauty
 Cooper did not want to smile because I told him it was time to go home.
 Later that evening AJ and Uncle J came over and we headed to Reaves Park for Norman's fireworks.
 It took us an hour to drive home (note we live less than 2 miles from the park). This sweet thing was a great sport.
I love the 4th of July! I hope next year Rob can join us for all of the festivities.

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS