Last week Cooper and I headed down to Dallas for a few days. We had a very important event to attend on Saturday (blog to come) and figured we would go down a little early so we could spend some quality time with friends and family. I feel like we go to Dallas quite frequently but never REALLY get to see anyone so I tried to fit in as many visits as possible.
The 1st stop though....was the most special because I got to introduce Cooper to Miss Giuliana Krieg. That is right she is home in Texas for the summer. All the way from Lithuania and can I tell you she has gotten even more beautiful.
I have been saving this "baby coco" bag since one of my showers. I wanted to give it to the next "baby coco" and was so excited I got to use it.
Mr. Hodge has a stash of Snickers mini;s by his chair in the living room. Cooper found it. He brought one to Kelly...hoping he would open it for him. Apparently Kelly has "sucker" written all over his face because it worked....twice!
The Kriegs were VERY jet lagged so Cooper and I didn't stay long. I made a pit stop at Elmer's swim school to drop off something for Amanda and got to see the whole Bodwell crew & baby bump #3! We headed over to Aunt Pat's house...there was a celebration going on! Bobby Schattle (our cousin) was turning 21!!! He has several friends over to celebrate and I hate to admit it but Cooper kind of stole his thunder for a bit when we first got there.
Everyone HAD to sit around him and check him out. He was quite the show off.
The Schattle boys quickly confiscated hium back to the gameroom. Figured he needed to hang out with the boys. I caught Bobby teaching him how to play Pinball.
He even joined in for a picture with all the "guys" at the party
Apprantly we hung out a little longer than I thought becaue Cooper started to get cranky and I looked down at my watch and discovered it was 11:30pm. Poor Grandmother she was probably wondering where the heck we were. I quickly got him back to their house and in bed. (Good thing Aunt Pat only lives 5 seconds from them).
We woke up bright and early the next morning becuase I had BIG plans for Cooper for the day. It started out at the McLaughlin's house for a playdate with Ethan McLaughlin and Ellie & Abby Randall. I don't get to see my good friends Noel & Danielle (whom I met at one of my previous jobs) enough and it was great to spend a couple of hours with them and really visit.
Abby Randall and Ethan McLaughlin are the newest additions to the group!
Cooper is starting to get jealous when I hold other little kiddos. I was trying to get some cuddle time with Ethan before we left and Cooper couldn't stand it....but at least I got this great picture of me with the boys!
I had to stop by the office for a bit and show off Coop! And then it was off to our next play date with the Allison's and their two sweet girls Lauren Margaret and Avery. Both Allison's husbands went to OU with Rob and I and were in his pledge class. Our kiddos are very close in age and really have not gotten to spend much time together since we up and moved to Oklahoma. So we headed over to Lauren Margaret's house and spent the afternoon Cooper hanging out with the ladies and me and the two Allison's working on catching up and planning a shower for our friend Will and his fiance Vanessa.
The kiddos loved playing in the tent. Avery and Coop spent a little too much tome in there alone though...so we made them keep the door open :)
They all shared some animal crackers at the dining table.
And instead of popsicles we had string cheese on the front porch.
It was great to see them. I couldn't believe how much there girls had grown. The two of them are so cute together....truly best friends. That night we planned on staying the night at Aunt Pat's house. I have been wanting to spend the evening over there so we could really visit. We took her out to dinner at the Woodlands (awesome restaurant at Preston and Forest) and then headed home so Cooper could get some play time with his favorite "Doodilee Doo" aka Aunt Pat.
She even let him play with some of Uncle Bob's model cars
(unfortunetly I think we had a couple of broken mirrors)
She let Coop rock in his favorite chair. Now when I say his favorite I really mean it. Everytime we go over to her house he goes over to the chair and wants in it. And no way will he let you get in it too. He wants to rock in it himself!
Coop slept in with Aunt Pat that night and he slept so well. In fact I had to wake him up at 10:00 the next morning. Unfortulately we didn't get to spend anytime with Aunt Pat Saturday morning because we had a date at Grandmothers to get too. Aunt Lee & Cousin Lilly were flying through Dallas on their way from Minnesota to San Antonio.
We had a quick lunch and got a few good squeezes from Aunt Lee Anne & Lilly.
We spent Saturday at our "special event" and we were so exhausted that we really just spent the evening relaxing at Grandmother & Grandads. Sunday morning after breakfast we all headed over to Arlington to visit the Stinchcombs. Grandmothers sister and her husband (Aunt Zen and Uncle Joe) were in town visiting their son Jon and his family. So it was the perfect oppurtunity to see some more cousins.
Cooper had never met Jon & Johnna's kiddos Taryn & Ian. But he quickly made himself comforatble and they played wonderfully while we all visited.
Aunt Zen calls Grandmother "Geooorge" (I wish I could type with the accent she says it in). I love it....it makes my heart melt. Sisters are so special.
I got awesome pictures of Coop walking with Grandmother and Grandad throughout the weekend but Grandmother won't let me post them (but I promise they did get to see him) Cooper and I finally made it home Sunday evening..we missed Rob though he had to be at work at 8pm. But we did get a little snuggle with him in the morning. Monday was pretty much back to our usual routine...Coop had school and I needed to hit the gym. But after I picked Cooper up from school I had a surprise for him...Jaynie was coming over! Katie and I's college friend Erin was driving though Norman on her way to Denver from Dallas. Her mom recently passed away and service was Saturday. Neither of us could make and were very sad we could not be there to celebrate with Erin her mother's incredible life and spirit. Erin also recently became engaged....and we were so excited to get to at least give her one huge hug!!!!!!
Katie & I with the beautiful Bride-to-Be
I am so thankful she took the time to stop by and see us. We miss gettig to see her and spend time laughing and catching up.
So to wrap it all up between Wednesday and Saturday we racked up quite the scorecard.
2- Great granparents (Grandmother & Grandad)
2- Great-great aunts (Aunt Pat & Aunt Zen)
1- Great-great uncle (Uncle Joe)
2- Great-great Aunts (Aunt Lee Anne & Aunt Karen)
1- 1st cousin (Lilly)
4- Schattles (Phil, Carla, Bobby, Paul & Brian)
10+- Scott & Reid friends
4- Coco's
2- Coco husbands (Tristan and Kelly)
4- Coco parents (Lannie, Robbie, Mr & Mrs. Hodge) (technically 5 cause I saw Loy mowing his yard!)
3- Coco kiddos (Giuliana, Colton & Nolan)
2- Khov Friends (Noel & Danni)
3- Khov kiddos (Ellie, Abby & Ethan)
2- Tailgating Sooner wives (Allison L & Allison U)
2- Tailgating Sooner kiddos (Avery & Lauren Margaret)
4- Bodwells
2- Old friend (Katie & Erin)
3- Baby Bumps (Jill, Amanda & Allison U)
....and I still feel like I am forgetting someone!

No comments:
Post a Comment