Monday, July 19, 2010

Horsin Around

So some of you might know that I have loved horses ever since I was a little girl. And apparently Cooper is no different. In fact we have to keep a close on on the little booger or he will just walk right up to one of them or behind them or even under them. 
Here he is getting his saddle all adjusted.
(a friend of my dad's gave him this little saddle before I was born, he thinks it is over 100 years old)
Sitting on the fence picking out which one he wants to ride 1st.
"Here they come!!!!!"
Look how beautiful they are...."Pops catch the black one in the back"
His name is Deets and he is very quiet
Yes my parents have horses named after the entire Lonesome Dove character list, this one is after Danny Glovers character
"Pops can you please adjust my stirrups for me?"
"Yee-haw"
look at that smile
After a long ride you need to walk these big guys out. 
That is Coopers favorite chore
"Thanks Deets for the great ride through the yard"
"Pops, look here is Deets nose"
Cooper can't get enough of the horses here. I took a couple hour ride the other day and when I got back Cooper wanted to hop up for a bit. He loved it I couldn't get him to let go of the reins.  
Like mommy like son.  I love that Coop loves this as much as me. And yes for all of you familiar with horses, these are "mountain horses" and they are huge. Most of them have some Clydesdale or Percheron in them. They are beautiful to watch and so fun to ride. 

5 comments:

Brittany said...

So precious Carolina!!!

Anonymous said...

that post was so sweet. i'm so glad you're having fun but we miss you here in norman!

Heather said...

i don't know why that said anonymous. that's from h. caram.

The Varner Family said...

That picture of you and Cooper needs to be framed...it is precious! Safe travels home and tell your mom that a trip to Canada will be in our future. Especially after I showed Bryson the pictures of the animals people killed on their website. Holy Moly! I couldn't believe my eyes!

Jessica N. said...

Love, love, LOVE this. What beautiful, priceless pictures! I was definitely a "horse girl" too.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS