Rob and I spent 3 days in Chicago this week. He had a Board Exam to take and I figured I would tag along. I have never been before and I was very impressed. I am very excited to go back one day and do more touristy stuff.
We arrived on Sunday afternoon and took a quick trip for lunch to Giordonnos Pizza. I have never had "real" deep dish pizza before and it lived up to the expectations.
Rob digging inLook at all that cheese
We only were able to eat Half of a Small they are so filling
It was spring in all its glory in Chicago there were flowers everywhere. In fact it was pouring the 1st day we were there and I hardly noticed because the flowers were so beautiful.
After lunch we were able to check into our hotel. I found it on priceline and was very happy with the results. In fact we even had a "star" sighting here....if you watch Real Housewives of Atlanta....Kim was checking out when we checked in...she looks and sounds just like she does on TV...fake.
It is a LEED Silver building and being as I am a LEED consultant for work I found it kind of fun trying to find all the ways they tried to be "green" while building the hotel. (for more info see http://www.usgbc.org/). Check out the cool lobby and our room with recycled soda bottle carpet.
We took the rest of the afternoon easy. Rob studied and I quilted. But before ling it was time to get dressed up and head out to meet some of Rob's friends from med school who were in town for the test. We went to the famous Steakhouse "Gibsons" it was awesome. Great company and great food.
Check out the size of the cake!
seated from left to right: Jarrod Lunsford, Me & Rob, Lance & Heather Watson & Cory Kebert
Rob's test was at noon the next day so we ate brunch at a cool place called Yolk. Everything inside was white, yellow or blue. The French Toast was wonderful
Look ho handsome Rob is all dressed up for his test
The test ook all afternoon so I headed out to shop...the weather was beautiful. Michigan Ave was awesome.
And I continued to be impressed with the tulips.
and the architecture
After a great PB& J at my favorite sandwich place "Potbelly" (one of the things I miss most about Dallas) it was back to the hotel for a nice siesta before Rob got back. We headed out soon after to meet more friends(this time from Parkland) at the Signature Room on the 95th floor of Hancock tower for a drink or two.
Then it was off for another nice meal at Hugo's (seafood this time). Rob's friend Ashoka brought along some of his Medical School friends from Puerto Rico. We had a great time. It is so interesting to here about everyones experiences all around the country working in the ER.
Tueday morning Rob & I took a tour bus around Chicago to check out the tourist attractions. Unfortunately we did not have tim eto get off and actually go into any of them....guess we will need to go back soon :)
Thanks Chicago for the short but spectacular time.....looking forward to seeing you again.

1 comment:
I love Chicago too. Isn't it so nice and clean!! I've had Giordonno's pizza also. So good!! I'm glad you guys had a nice getaway together!!
-Kristin Redding Graham
Post a Comment