Sunday, September 20, 2009

FINALLY we are here

So after months...and I mean MONTHS we have finally moved into our new house in Norman. We spent four months remodeling what we hope is a "long term" home for the Cunningham's. Before I post all the before and after photos I just wanted to say a big thank you to all the people who got us here.
  • To Grandmother, Grandad and Aunt Karen for letting us crash at your house the month of June and a lot of July. And for taking care of Pete and Toby like they were your great grandsons too!
  • To Pollock for hooking us up with some extra dough to create our new casa
  • AJ (aka Aunt Jenny) for always being at our beck and call once you moved up here helping us unpack, organize and shop for goodies.
  • Gran & Pops for letting Coop and I escape the chaos of the demo to spend two weeks in paradise at you place
  • Gigi & Cappie for your upstairs, kitchen, back yard and pool for the months of July, August and a lot of September. Sorry the dogs filled your pool filter with blonde hair. Thank you for Gigi's daycare service so I could drive down to Norman frequently to "crack the whip"
  • To Pete and Toby for waiting patiently to move back inside

And the biggest thank you of all to my husband Rob.....you have been working your rear end off to get us here. Thank you from Cooper and I for our dream house. We love you.
NOW FOR THE SHOW!


The Front Entry- we added new woods floors painted and changed the staircase from carpet to wood
BEFORE
AFTER

The Dining Room- we removed some built-ins, added a wainscoting, wood floors and paint
BEFORE
AFTER


The Living Room- new wood floors and new paint
BEFORE

AFTER


Utility Room- raised the ceilings, tore out a wall and moved some plumbing around to rearrange the washer and dryer
BEFORE
AFTER


Back yard- new concrete pool deck & cedar pergola
BEFORE

AFTER


Coopers Room- was an exercise room now it has new carpet and new paint
BEFORE
AFTER


Hall Bath- New vanity, tile, and skylight
BEFORE
AFTER


Gameroom- vaulted the ceiling, new paint and new carpet and a new remodel of the gameroom bath and a new play area for Coop
BEFORE
AFTER

Master Bedroom- created a pan ceiling, new wood floors and new paint
BEFORE
AFTER


Master Bathroom- used the guest room closet and hall linen closet to create a whole new master bath with freestanding tub and shower with a skylight (it used to be so small I couldn't even get inside of it to take a good picture)
BEFORE
AFTER


Needless to say we LOVE our new house and are so happy to be in it. The neighborhood is even better. Coop and I have even been to a Smoking Oak Garden Club picnic!

4 comments:

Whitmire Family said...

Looks beautiful! Can't wait to see it in person!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Your house is beautiful in person, but I am amazed after seeing the before & after. Ya'll need another vacation now that it's said & done.

Ilnea said...

As Brody would say...Wowsers! That is amazing Carolina. It looks like it should be in a magazine. We couldn't be happier for you guys and can't wait for us to get to hang out on a regular basis now! Congratulations...you guys so deserve it!

Jessica N. said...

I love how you did before and after pics. Your house looks amazing! We'd love to visit sometime and see it in person.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS