Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Canada 2009

Tomorrow morning Coop and I pack our bags and head home from two awesome weeks in Canada and my mom and dads house, aka Gran & Pops. It has been such a great time. My moms Aunt Pat (my great Aunt) and our cousins the Schattles (Phil, Carla, Emily, Bobby, Paul and Brian) all came up too. It really was one of the best times I have ever had there. Coop experienced more things than most people do by the time they are 50. Needless to say I think Aunt Pat and the Schattles had some pretty great experiences too!
Check out the beautiful crib Pops made me!


Coop took his morning nap on the couch with Pops and Peanut


Then I helped him Drive across the river to look for some horses


As soon as Aunt Pat and the Schattles showed up we took them to the "upper field" on the 4-wheelers. (Aunt Pat got a little dirty)


When we got back mom took the boys and Emily back out on the 4-wheelers and left me in the "good hands" of Mom, Dad, Aunt Pat, Carla and Phil. I think they forgot about me though because I ended up here.


Here are me and Bobby waiting for Pops to get his plane out of the hanger. Nice view, eh?


That night Pops took me for my first flight in his Cub. I didn't last very long before I conked out it made me pretty sleepy.


We took the 4-wheelers down to the beach on the river. Peanut rode with Gran and me!


I even got to take a helicopter to meet the rest of the family at Trimble Lake. They all rode horses to camp but I got to fly first class. The very is pretty spectacular when you get there.


The chopper pilot even put my exersaucer in the helicopter so I had a great place to eat the "C" pancake Pops made for me while I was there.


I went for my first boat ride on Trimble Lake. Just like everything else I fell asleep. Seems to be that engine noise puts me right out.


Mom and Pops on the Trimble Cabin porch


Sitting by the lake in the sun


Hanging out in my PJ's at the lake.


Working on walking with Emily.


All the Schattles and Aunt Pat saddled up to head back to the ranch. No worries though a helicopter showed up and took me and Gran back the night before and then ended up picking up Aunt Pat, Emily and Carla and took them back too.


The boys all went to spend the night at Beattie Lake. They took the horses across the river to get there. I loved sitting in the water watching them go.


When we got back from Trimble the guys back at the ranch found this orphaned colt by the river. Gran and Pops are going to be busy bottle feeding him until he gets strong enough to be on his own. We named him Lucky....hopefully he will be a good kids horse for me.



A couple of days later we found Lucky's mom and we all tried to take him across the river to her. But she did take him back so he got to ride home in the back seat. Doesn't he look funny?


One of my favorite things was blowing bubbles on the porch with Gran and Pops.


One night everyone went skeet shooting by the river. Even Aunt Pat shot a couple!


Mom and Gran took the Schattles down to the cliffs to look for sheep. The y actually saw a few and got some great picks of the awesome view.


All the ladies left me with the guys and went to Beattie Lake to fish for the day.

Aunt Pat claims she caught the biggest fish that day!


I sat by the fire with everyone while they roasted marshmallows


Mom, Gran and the Schattles all walked down to Sikanni Falls for some picture taking.


Here I am on Mommy's saddle from when she was a baby. (note a I on an anvil not a horse)


Cousin Carla made this awesome "box wine" cake for Gran's 53rd birthday!


Look Dad...I am sitting on a polar bear



Look Dad...this time it is a Grizzly Bear
Group Picture: Pops, Mom, Aunt Pat, Carla, Phil, Emily, Bobby, Me, Gran, Brian & Paul)

One last picture on the porch.

We had such a great time. I know Coop can't wait to go back. Hopefully Rob can come too. I know Gran and Pops miss seeing Cooper grow up. So we promise to get up as often as we can. I love you guys. Thank you again for everything. And to Aunt Pat and the Schattle's thank you for sharing your vacation with Cooper and I.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like everyone had a wonderful vacation.Looks like the weather fully fo-operated:) Can't believe how much Coop has grown. One day we hope to visit the ranch. Esdra sure does miss Jennifer.
Eileen & Doug Gunn FSJ CAN

Jessica N. said...

Caro this is just awesome. What wonderful memories for you and Coop. I think I want to adopt Lucky and keep him in my backyard. He is too cute!

Mom said...

What great pictures! Looks like you all had a great visit! I can't believe Cooper is almost a year old! That crib is so neat that your dad made!! Looking forward to seeing you all soon....won't be long...football season is just around the corner!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS