Saturday, June 20, 2009

Southbound 35

A couple of weekends ago Coop and I headed south on i-35 for a little excursion. Not are first road trip with just the two of us...but definetly the longest one.

First stop Georgetown.....to the the Whitmire's. Kauli, Tristan and Colton live in Georgetown, TX...it reminds me alot of Norman only a little smaller and a littler "quainter" if that is a word. They are redoing a VERY old house and it looks awesome. I can't believe how much Tristan has done all by himself. It was a Thursday night and the next day was Kauli's last day of the school year so we decided not to venture out onto 6th Street instead we just had dinner and visited. I forgot how much I missed getting to see her everyday....it has been almost 10 years since we left for college but I still miss it. Colton just started walking and Coop and I got to witness it ( I hope Coop took notes)
Colton showing Coop his stash of toy carsKauli read the boys to sleep
The next morning Coop and I took off for an adventure to the outlet malls in San Marcos....GOAL: to find goodies for the new house. I struck gold at Pottery Barn Outlet and got some chaise lounges for the pool. Of course it stung quite a bit not getting the 40% discount anymore. Cooper did great and just hung out in his stroller while I raced around the store looking for anything else I might need....ok want.
Then it was off to Columbus to celebrate the graduation of my cousin Melissa from High School......I can't believe she is that old. She is off to guess where...Texas A&M of course (all of my cousins go there, I am trying to get at least one in Norman one day)
Coop and Melissa (he is such a ladies man)

Melissa's graduation gift from Grandad...(yes it is pliers)


Coop and the guys
(I think Cousin Austin and Uncle Zach may need to watch out...Coop may just be bigger than them one day)

It was a wonderful trip, too short but awesome none-the-less. Cooper is such a great traveler...mabe one day soon we can go to DisneyWorld.
Congrats again Melissa...we are so proud of you!

1 comment:

Whitmire Family said...

We were so glad to see you! I miss seeing you everyday too.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS