Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Summer Camp Coop

I decided not to enroll Cooper in Gingerbread in June and instead kept him busy at a variety of summer camps. The first one was actually the last week of May.
Norman Parks & Rec Soccer Camp with two of his Shark teammates Fuller & Luke!
 The next week was First Baptist Basketball Camp! This is our 2nd year at this awesome camp!
 
Then a special treat Junior Sooner Football Camp at OU. This camp is an FCA program and I was a bit hesitant for Cooper to go but I am sooo glad he did. It was an awesome experience and he got to do it all on and in OU's actual football facilities.
 
 Racing Brody...
 It may be a little closer of a race in a couple years.
 BOOMER SOONER!
 Sterling & Hudson came down from Edmond and our friend Will even came up from McKinney!
 These are some tough boys.
 One day after camp everyone came over for lunch and to swim. I managed to get a group picture (I used bomb pops to bribe them.)
 Ruthie loved having everyone over.
 Gabby had to show off her yoga moves.
 And once again the chaise lounge was everyones favorite spot.
 On the last day they had us all come into the film room and they showed a video they made of camp. Meg snuck down to sit with Coop. (I want to keep note of all their sweet interactions in case one day they come in handy) 
 Cooper has watched the video at least 100 times. He asked Whitney to snap this picture of him in front of his favorite player? Who knows.
And one of my new favorites is the OU Basketball camp. It is only one day but Cooper loved every minute.
 
 
 
He is starting to get very serious about sports. I am anxious to see which one he picks as his favorite.
To finish off the month he attended Norman's Safety Town. According to some of my Norman born and bred friends this is considered a right of passage.
It is conducted for 5 & 6 year olds in this minutes town they have set up in the Norman Mall parking lot. Each day they tackle a different  aspect of safety from road safety to fire safety. It was a hit!
 
 
 
I had to leave to go out of town midway through the week so Rob got to experience it one day.
 
 and then treated Cooper to a special lunch at Red Robin just the two of them.
 And on the last day Miss Gabby was babysitting while I was gone and Rob had a work meeting. Bless her heart she had to take all 3 kids plus baby doll Stella to Safety Town.
 At the end Cooper got to take Georgia on a tour of the "town"
 We are so proud of our Safety Town graduate!
 and so is his little sister!
 June was a busy month for Mr. Coop but he loved it and I am so glad we are so blessed he gets to do so many incredible things! We are a very fortunate family. 

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS