Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Papa Jerry & Nana

Monday morning we headed out of DFW bound for Raleigh.
This sweet girl had to eat because she couldn't go on her first flight on an empty stomach. 
 Cooper spent almost an hour and a 1/2 in this very spot looking at "all" the planes and Georgia just tormented him.
 He about peed his pants as this one pulled up right in front of him
 Totally in awe!
 I pulled out his trains and it was off to the races. Gabby girl does a pretty good job of keeping up. She is pretty quick.
 I bought her her very own Rosie train. She knew just what to do with it.
 Once we got on the plane Cooper made himself comfortable with the I-pad and earphones.
Gabby did pretty good. She is pretty squirmy.
But this sweet Pup was waiting for her
 and they became fast friends
We woke up the next morning and Nana made the kiddos delicous muffins (Rob and I ate quite a few of them) and headed to Pullen Park to meet up with Papa Jerry's brother Monty, Aunt Beki, Cousin Laura and her two boys (Elliott & Auden) and Linda's daughter Kim and son-in-law Robert. Of course Hummer joined us.
 Pullen Park is this really cool park in Raleigh that they have recently restored. It was a beautiful sunny day and we got to enjoy all the best parts. Including a carousel from the 1800's. Cooper wanted to ride it so many times Rob eventually had to get off because he was getting dizzy.

 They had a little miniature train (I forgot to take a picture of the cute little engine). Cooper and Elliott (who is a few months younger) warmed right up to each other and even sat next to each other.
 Next up were the boats. Cooper and Elliot each wanted their own boat so they could each ring their own bell.

 Laura and baby Auden. Proud mommy of two boys and two beautiful boys that is.
 Uncle Monty spent a lot of time with both boys working on digging a hole to China.
 Kim and Gabby bonded on the playground.
 Cooper loves see-saws!!!

 Happy Gabby Girl on Daddy's shoulders.
 Then is was time for Elliott and Cooper to ride the carousel together. Laura said he is usually scared of the carousel but I guess Rob was very reassuring.
 They went around enough times that Monty had to come in as back-up

 Then it was one last ride on the boats. This time both in the same one.
 Hummer was a very popular attraction. He is a therapy dog and is so good with kids and all the little kids at the park loved getting to pet him.
 I wanted to get a picture of the boys together and when I said put your arms around each other this is what I got.
 Of course they quickly figured out what I meant.
 I think these two will have a lot of fun together every time we are out in Raleigh. Next year Auden and Gabby will have to join in the fun!
 On Wednesday Gran flew into town to help us with our second leg of the trip (blog post to come). We all went to lunch at this really cool shopping center and then the boys went off to "play golf". At least that is what Cooper called it. Really they just went to check out the store Golfsmith.
Then Gran, Gabby and I checked out some of the shops.
 We had a wonderful dinner at the Country Club. Including desserts all around!
 And really enjoyed each others company. It was such a special treat getting to share a few days with these two very special people.
 And I am so glad these two bonded so well. I have a feeling she will have him wrapped completely around her little finger the next time we are there! 
We love you Papa Jerry & Nana!

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS