Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Girls Weekend

Do you ever feel like fate handed you the best deal? When we found out Rob was going to be doing his residency in Dallas I was lucky enough to still have contacts at my old job back in the Big D. I gave my old boss a call and before I knew it I was heading back to K. Hovnanian. Ironically I was going to be filling in for Danielle,  who replaced me while she was going on maternity leave and then I would be moving into a different position. In a round about way a actually knew this girl as she is the cousin of my good friend from college, Stephanie. So on my first day she retaught me all the old tricks and then when I showed up at work the next morning I found out that she had gone into labor. Perfect timing. Quite a few of the people I had worked with before were still there and I fell right back into the old work routine. I also met one of the newer team members Noel and we hit it off right away. Her and Danielle had become good friends and when Danielle got back from maternity leave the 3 of us became fast friends. I really feel like God knew what he was doing when Rob matched in Dallas. It was to bring these two incredible women into my life.
We don't get to visit like we used to. None of work at K. Hov anymore, I am here in Norman, and Noel is in Keller. All 3 of us needed a break, a break from our kids, a break from our houses, husbands, you name it. So we decided it was time for a girls weekend, I suggested McKinney, TX. It has a cute downtown and tons of shopping. SO bright and really Saturday morning we met at the Allen Outlet Mall and shopped to our heart content.
 We stayed at the hotel from AJ's wedding weekend. This is picture of our 1st room. The shutters wouldn't stay closed so they moved us to another room.
We got pedicures and blew our diets!
And we stayed up WAY TO LATE talking well that and being waked up by the "honeymooners" above us.
We slept in...I mean actually past 10am. We had brunch and then did a little more shopping.
I am incredibly lucky to have these two in my life. We might not get to see eachother very often but when we do it is well worth the wait!
I love you Danni & Randi!
love- Carol

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS